Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yossarian Guest

Default Cloud Recordings - any experience?

Hey there, sorry for making such a frustrated first post... but I kinda need to get to the bottom of this, so thank for reading and such:

I ordered: Singles And Beyond (Vinyl), Black Foliage (CD) and the Icey Demons "Fight Back!" (CD) from the Cloud Recordings and had them sent to Australia (where I live) on the 6th of May, and I paid extra to get the goods shipped over here fast, because I'm impatient when ordering on the net. Well, the date on the package is the 22nd of May, more than two weeks after I made the order. That is not on.

(I emailed them last Friday asking if they knew why it hadn't come yet, and they never responded.)

I thought, oh well, **** it, at least I've got it now...

So, I put on my OTC "Singles And Beyond" LP (that I paid extra for so I could have the nicety of vinyl goodness) AND THE RECORD IS SCUFFED AND WARPED! It doesn't even play. The needle just skips about.

Has anyone had any experience with them? How did their service seem to you?
    I sincerely hope this is a one off, and that after I email them (I had better get a response this time...) they agree to send me a replacement.

This is kind of sad for me, because the whole E6 institution and it's surrounding bands and labels always seemed so fantastic and friendly, and just like good people in general. I hope I wasn't wrong about that.

I expected better from them.

[Edited on 5-30-0606 by Yossarian]

I've had a pleasant experience with Cloud Recordings, even though my E6 shirt is crooked.

Yossarian Guest

Yeah, I sent them a nice email, so hopefully they'll replace it.

I'm not so sure that it was damaged on the way over though, since the way it is scuffed could not have occured in the sleeve... there isn't that much movement in there.
    Thanks though.

paulpaul Guest

catch 22 is my favorite book

on a side note, im sure once you get in contact with them they will fix everything, they are nice nice people, so dont worry.

Tehy seem to be pretty inconsistent. Once I ordered something and it came in less than a week somehow, and once I had to wait over 3 weeks.

EDIT: but they are still beautiful people.

[Edited on 5-31-0606 by theoperahouse]

Hi,
    We'll definitely send you a replacement for the vinyl. And I'll go ahead and take it out of the plastic and play it to make sure it's in good shape. We bought that vinyl from Emperor Norton, and they are sealed. I heard of another vinyl that somebody got was warped, so I'm going to go through the box (we only have a couple left), and make sure that I don't find anymore defective ones. Sorry about the trouble, thanks a bunch, john

Yossarian Guest

Originally posted by john
    Hi,
    We'll definitely send you a replacement for the vinyl. And I'll go ahead and take it out of the plastic and play it to make sure it's in good shape. We bought that vinyl from Emperor Norton, and they are sealed. I heard of another vinyl that somebody got was warped, so I'm going to go through the box (we only have a couple left), and make sure that I don't find anymore defective ones. Sorry about the trouble, thanks a bunch, john
    Wow! I wasn't aware that you guys posted here.
    Thanks so much.
    I didn't really mean to question your business practices, I was just a little frustrated at the time. Heh.

This really goes to show what a lovely little community this is.
    Thanks again, John. And (as long as I end up with the goods ) there is no need to apologize about the trouble. It was an honest mistake. And I will more than likely end up doing business with you again, since I still need that Circulatory System album, and perhaps an E6 or OTC tshirt, for good measure.

-Tom.

Yossarian Guest

Originally posted by john
    Hi,
    Um, hi John,
    I never ended up receiving this in the mail... did it end up being sent?
    I guess I'll figure out this U2U biz...

I sure hope there are some non-damaged ones left...

...Hmmm, well, yours in faith,
    Tom.

Originally posted by patman?
    I've had a pleasant experience with Cloud Recordings, even though my E6 shirt is crooked.
    hey, that happened to me too :/

Yossarian Guest

Uhhh.... so I still haven't got this and no one will reply to my messages on this board or the Cloud recordings email... are they on tour or something?

Even so, they are running a business, someone should be handling the emails...

Well, I guess it will arrive eventually... but I did make the original order in early May...

Hmmmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast