[Edited on 3-23-2006 by hypecity]

“Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt� might be my personal most-listened-to album of all time. There was a year in high school where I'd listen to side A of the tape one night, side B the next night, side A the night after that, and so on.

Anthony Keidis might turn most e6 fans off from the Chili Peppers, but Frusciante's solo albums (specifically those first 2) should definitely be checked out. His third was pretty weak, I thought (To Record Water For 10 Days).. too much drum machine. His forth album, Shadows Collide With People, is his most accessible and pollished. I love it, though it's definitely a departure from his early 4-track stuff. In recent years, he's rushed out a few albums and EPs, which are ok but nothing amazing.

And more River info for DRG, John was performing at the Viper Room the night River died out front, and that really got to him and lead to his out of control drug use circa '94-'97. They were close friends. I have a video interview of John from '94 where he looks like he'll die at any moment, and he talks about it a little. Very depressing. Incredible that he was able to turn his life around from there such as he did.
    Also, I think I heard River makes an uncredited appearance on “Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt�.

BTW, i have an extra copy of the In Defense of Animals Vol.2 cd (w/ Aleka's Attic's "Note to a Friend") ...$7 shipped, if you want it. Make it an even 10 and I'll throw in a cdr of the oop Smile From The Streets cd.

“Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt� might be my personal most-listened-to album of all time. There was a year in high school where I'd listen to side A of the tape one night, side B the next night, side A the night after that, and so on.

Anthony Keidis might turn most e6 fans off from the Chili Peppers, but Frusciante's solo albums (specifically those first 2) should definitely be checked out. His third was pretty weak, I thought (To Record Water For 10 Days).. too much drum machine. His forth album, Shadows Collide With People, is his most accessible and pollished. I love it, though it's definitely a departure from his early 4-track stuff. In recent years, he's rushed out a few albums and EPs, which are ok but nothing amazing.

And more River info for DRG, John was performing at the Viper Room the night River died out front, and that really got to him and lead to his out of control drug use circa '94-'97. They were close friends. I have a video interview of John from '94 where he looks like he'll die at any moment, and he talks about it a little. Very depressing. Incredible that he was able to turn his life around from there such as he did.
    Also, I think I heard River makes an uncredited appearance on “Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt�.

BTW, i have an extra copy of the In Defense of Animals Vol.2 cd (w/ Aleka's Attic's "Note to a Friend") ...$7 shipped, if you want it. Make it an even 10 and I'll throw in a cdr of the oop Smile From The Streets cd.