Default A Love Letter to Elephant 6 and the Townhall

I first heard Neutral Milk Hotel when my brother's band covered King of Carrot Flowers. I was probably 9. Then I fell down the rabbit hole: I listened to both albums obsessively way before I should have, I listened to all the old demos, I bought a four track, I found the rest of the collective, and I found this site. And I shared my pre-pubescent weirdness with all of you from the ages of approximately 10-14. Those of you who were around know what I'm talking about. Thanks y'all for putting up with me.

All of you are amazing. I still listen to Atlas Moth and Ultraviolet Fuzz a few times a year. I can't find Runaway Slave, sadly.

I'm typing this in my college dorm. Time didn't fly. It went very slow.

I don't listen to any of this music anymore, except for of Montreal who I still love (and their new album might be my favorite from Kevin), and the occasional resurgence of NMH, OTC, and Circulatory System into my rotation.

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is one of the best albums ever though man.

At a certain point I realized these guys were not as interesting as the 60s rockers they emulate. And that was a sad realization. It was a parting with my childhood in a way. I mostly listen to popular music now. Maybe because I value having a community to discuss music with--a community I used to have on here.

I thought I'd have a poetic ending for this, because it feels symbolic to type this message to my old family, my old homebase. I wasted countless hours here when I should have been doing kid things. I guess I felt different and lonely. Don't worry though, I found great friends in high school. My social intelligence caught up eventually.

I don't know why I'm writing in this weird tone. Haha. If you remember me from back in the day, say hi!

Hello Daniel!

Nice to hear from you!

You've gotta be like seventy eight or nine by now!

i'm not gonna read this but i am truly happy for you
    assuming this is happy

Hello. I am much older than you, but I too am over my obsession. What I have left are a handful or two of excellent albums and slew of albums I will probably never listen to again. The pace of this forum suggests many others have grown bored or less enthused. For me, this coincided with the death of Bill Doss. Long live E6, nevertheless or more

ahhh love you all!

always nice to see old folks checking back in. it's been ten years since i signed up here... the whole decade was a ride. i too have graduated my obsession, though i hold many LPs dear to my heart. my experiences with e6 taught me a lot of valuable life lessons, mostly on naivety, sentimentality, nostalgia, and home recording! and despite idolizing/realizing (much too late) that prying into personal lives and histories of musicians i admire is incredibly unhealthy, the reciprocal enthusiasm, optimism and imagination of e6 will always continue with me. i think the demographic shift from little forums and small communities like these online to facebook groups/elsewhere/nowhere is much a result of the centralized internet... which only coincided with the tides and falls of e6 output. i really, really miss talking to friends online and being within active communities. there's been such a shift change in the past ten years. i've ended up in studies of cyberpsychology since i'm that engaged and concerned with the internet at large...!