Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Kishi Bashi doesn't count for diversity within the band?

surely someone else knows the timeline better but i think K was originally playing with the band back in 2010/2011 when the original lineup was still in. right? i know he featured on aureate gloom tho. so maybe that's a technicality. or, maybe jamey didn't actually put any thought into backing up this comment and is just Big Mad

Quote Originally Posted by Christina_isn't_creative View Post
    that's good. anyway, it takes a while for things to be deemed offensive, duh. we as a society are inherently callous. as we become increasingly aware of the plight of certain social groups, we are supposed to realize "oh fuck i shouldn't say that word." when kevin says "black shemale" i'm quite sure that trans PoC knew it was offensive from the fucking jump but as soon as us hetero whites finally get it through our thick skulls, that's when it hits the mainstream.
    Plus the trans/queer community wasn't probably very connected with oM back in 2008 so he got away with singing that line.

I would say he's def non-binary given how long he's played with gender roles and stuff, but one can't be sure ofc.

I am, however, enjoying watching the privilege that comes with assuming the wants/needs/likes of people and defining them by their sexuality. Not sure if that’s better or worse than saying “shemale”. Maybe it’s one of those things that’ll be offensive later on.

Quote Originally Posted by André View Post
    Plus the trans/queer community wasn't probably very connected with oM back in 2008 so he got away with singing that line.

I would say he's def non-binary given how long he's played with gender roles and stuff, but one can't be sure ofc.
    maybe jamey truly believes he is hetero/cis but it's only because kevin hasn't come out to him. we'll probably never know and that's fine, but i'm assuming that comment had to be backed up by *something*

Quote Originally Posted by Christina_isn't_creative View Post
    maybe jamey truly believes he is hetero/cis but it's only because kevin hasn't come out to him. we'll probably never know and that's fine, but i'm assuming that comment had to be backed up by *something*
    Whatever caused it, it went away. Absolute shit post for that. I assume alcohol was behind it, like most of my shitty actions. At least it will stay here for good.

Wasn't the first time he's gone on social media drunk and won't be the last.

obviously we all remember this, but i am mad that i somehow forgot about "duesche face"

Quote Originally Posted by lenn9o9n View Post
    Abel, that one was probably drunk too but you asked for it
    Yeah? I literally only said the words "Imbecile Rages" on Facebook, and that's what I got.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast