Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which is Kev N's most hateful album?

Paralytic, Lousy, or Aureate, yeah? Though HF might contain the most ~sElF hAtReD~

I'm feelin p spiteful l8ly
    Are you sad about your mountain? ̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳t̥̮͖͌ͭͦ̂ͩͨ́̐͝͞?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳☻͉̪̾͌̇̉̋̍ͬ̏͆͆͒̄̀|͖̲͇̰̀ͬ̈́̃̂̅͆̌̎̈́͒ ̎͗̈͌ ͊͒ͧ͢͢|̢͌̿ͮͨ̂̓̇Was this a continent you liked?,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
    At the concert I saw he just said, "All I wanna say is, Sonic the Hedgehog. Just Once. Sonic the Hedgehog. Okay, Twice."
    ?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳ |͆̆ͯ̓͐ͮ͛̀͊͗ͮ̈́̔̌͗|̡̉̈ͪ́͘

You had me at Helvetica.

I think Empyrean Abattoir is his most hateful song. Imagine firing a band member (Rebecca Cash) and then going on to write a song with the lyric "whatever happened to your star, no one cares who you are?"

Did he actually fire her? Anyone know what happened?

But Imagine writing the lyric "wanted to fire all my friends and just start over again" then firing them all three albums later :x

are you just selective memory forgetting IR? CUTTING HERSELF AND SENDING ME PHOTOGRAPHS???

i think PS is more psychotic break and AG is the king of bitterness. estocadas, oh my word

Oh yeah IR never happened in my mind

i'd say the bitterest song on aureate is estocadas or ashoka; on IR it's my fair lady; on lousy it's imbecile rages. i'll even say it's malefic dowery on PS. fight me!!! when you compare those songs i really think aureate is the most bitter

also would love the hot goss on rebecca because i just assumed that lyric was him singing about himself

Are you kidding did we forget about def pacts? trashed exes? chaos arpeggiating?
    You've got a real problem, alright. And a banjo is the only answer.

you're probably right, i barely listen to that album except for two songs

I didn't know Empyrean Abattoir was about Rebecca Cash, I figured the entire album was about Nina. I guess I always wondered why she was back in Knoxville masturbating her fathers pain, when I assumed he was in Norway. What happened with Rebecca? I figured she was just on board for the Lousy w/ Sylvianbriar phase of the band, kinda like Kishi Bashi was in to flesh out the experimentation of Paralytic Stalks. Rereading the lyrics and thinking of them as being about Rebecca they are pretty brutal. I never thought of My Fair Lady as being that hateful, just more indifferent than anything.

I put together this tracklist of Kevin's most spiteful and bitter to round it out into one album:

Imbecile Rages
    Def Pacts
    Obsidian Currents
    Estocadas
    Dour Percentage
    Bunny Ain't No Kind of Rider (How would it feel to be Eva?)
    Empyrean Abattoir
    Sirens of your Toxic Spirit
    Chaos Arpeggiating
    No Conclusion (self-hatred)

i don't know about all of AR but ashoka is probably about rebecca. i think estocadas is about nina though. i think he's said IR is about a slew of different girlfriends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast