Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by happy boy View Post
    If we don't buy White Is Relic he's going to have to take a job stocking shelves at the video store again. Could you imagine?
    i also laughed at this

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    the piece of Young Pussy Is A Star I remember was like False Priest era and arranged as such and I think the only part we saw was like him singing in falsetto "Young pussy is a star - yes it is - yes you are - young pussssssssssyyyyyyyyyyyy" with a huge stacked wall of harmonies a la Gronlandic Edit on the young pussy lyric. I think he just copped the sort of mood of the lyric and placed it in this one - which he's been seen to do with stuff like lyrics from Dour Percentage being in a few demos before making it to a record.
    it was in L'Age D'or and the lyric was "young pussy is a star, how slick you are" which not only disgusts me but i definitely thought he was saying "your pussy is a star" this whole time so now i am Confused For Life.

anyway, so i don't have to make a fourth post like a bozo, i think the main thing i don't like about the album is the apathy in his voice like others have said. it's why IR is my least favorite LP. oddly i've been kind of into that one lately but "gratuitous abysses" has that same horrible, horrible braindead spoken word. and, for good measure, aureate gloom is SO underrated. i think i like the lyrics here, not decided yet.

hell, now that i'm listening to L'Age D'or i'm thinking "damn his music used to be better." and i've never loved this EP.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina_isn't_creative View Post
    it was in L'Age D'or and the lyric was "young pussy is a star, how slick you are" which not only disgusts me but i definitely thought he was saying "your pussy is a star" this whole time so now i am Confused For Life.
    the lyrics have appeared in 3 songs now - the unreleased like 8 second bit of the False Priest demo on YouTube (I need to find it, it's 100% a completely different soing), L'Age Dor, and of course, Sophie Calle

the lyrics have appeared in 3 songs now - the unreleased like 8 second bit of the False Priest demo on YouTube (I need to find it, it's 100% a completely different soing), L'Age Dor, and of course, Sophie Calle
    right, i mean, i remember the demo and i was assuming he just used it in L'Age D'Or once i heard it in the song. the melody was definitely different. i just assumed that was it, so i'm surprised to see it making a comeback.

If he's not saying bark bark bark then tell me whatTF he's saying.

"Once again I turn to my crotch for counsel and it won't disappoint me"

man i just procrastinated the shit out of some work by doing a really deep dive for the original pussy demo with no luck. grr.

according to the lyrics posted he's supposedly saying "fuck" instead of bark. i am absolutely certain he is saying both fuck and bark. he says "you shouldn't try to appeal my pavlovian bells" hello he's talking about DOGS and they are BARKING!!!

right, i mean, i remember the demo and i was assuming he just used it in L'Age D'Or once i heard it in the song. the melody was definitely different. i just assumed that was it, so i'm surprised to see it making a comeback.
    oh my god ok i totally understand now, sorry, yeah, he did totally use that in L'Age D'or, I'm not sure how many other times he's had a specific lyric come up in multiple songs, especially released that far apart.

oh my god ok i totally understand now, sorry, yeah, he did totally use that in L'Age D'or, I'm not sure how many other times he's had a specific lyric come up in multiple songs, especially released that far apart.
    he just really believes in this idea and i'm happy for him

he just really believes in this idea and i'm happy for him
    lmao

Really hate that I dig this album

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast