Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

The latest track released confirms my fear of the album...its going to suck. of Montreal has not released one album that I feel this way about. It sounds like Kevin Barnes introspecting about a paranoid acid trip over the background music at a lame rave. Still no conviction to his vocal delivery and lyrically this is a retread of a much worse Aluminum Crown with "we fucked in your driveway" nonsensically thrown in at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by egolessegotist View Post
    The latest track released confirms my fear of the album...its going to suck. of Montreal has not released one album that I feel this way about. It sounds like Kevin Barnes introspecting about a paranoid acid trip over the background music at a lame rave. Still no conviction to his vocal delivery and lyrically this is a retread of a much worse Aluminum Crown with "we fucked in your driveway" nonsensically thrown in at the beginning.
    I think "Fucked in your driveway" might be Plateau Phase, and the rest of the track is No Careerism.

JLP, who does some of the graphic design work for the albums, posted pictures of him holding a sealed, retail ready copy of the CD, so a leak is probably imminent. I can't wait! It'll be kind of weird only having 4 new songs to listen to, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    JLP, who does some of the graphic design work for the albums, posted pictures of him holding a sealed, retail ready copy of the CD, so a leak is probably imminent. I can't wait! It'll be kind of weird only having 4 new songs to listen to, though.
    Yep, plus the album sells for the price of an EP on iTunes which is nice for the customer but not for oM.

Do you think the cheapness of the album on Itunes might be part of a greater strategy to get more people to buy it and win some new fans, or people that left them a few albums ago?

Quote Originally Posted by happy boy View Post
    Do you think the cheapness of the album on Itunes might be part of a greater strategy to get more people to buy it and win some new fans, or people that left them a few albums ago?
    There are probably better strategies - money better spent on videos and ads rather than a slightly discounted album. The pricing probably comes from the amount of tracks.

Does itunes price things automatically? I know they did for my stuff but I just use a shitty online distro not a real record label

The early bird vinyl looks SO SEXY but I'm past the point in life where I shell out for sexy wax with songs I don't like that much :/

Even tho I really like the art for this album tooooo

I keep buying things because I want Kevin Barnes to keep making music, even if I don't like it all.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast