Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

I like it too, especially the soft singing part (He actually sings on this song!) It's something kinda new though in the oM universe and took a while to get used to the dubstep/hiphop elements of the song.

Also, a video is up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak9ObV61g1k

Quote Originally Posted by yodda View Post
    I...I liked it.
    Not gonna say I'm in love with it but it's a somewhat return to the Paralytic Stalks sound - and that makes me very excited for the really long tracks.
    Sounds more like a rewrite of Trashed Exes to me than anything on Stalks

Quote Originally Posted by happy boy View Post
    yeah some of the drum patterns are similar, but thenew one got a different, darker vibe. Maybe I'm just glad he's not singing about trashed exes anymore.

Personally not for me.

While I'm in this thread have I previously mentione that the album art reminds me of the futuristic/dystopian/cyborgian future of When the Red King Comes album art, even tho that wasn't the intention

Quote Originally Posted by happy boy View Post
    Yeah. The new one sounds like a continuation of A Sport & a Pastime to me, right down to how he sings "fucked in your driveway, in your drive way". Meh

This song is so absurd and dumb and I mean that as the highest compliment - it's just kinda fearless in how bizarre it is and I'm down with that.

It's not getting me amped up for the album or anything, but it's still way more interesting than anything else I've heard come out in the past six months.

i dig it. wouldnt say i CANNOT WAIT, but i think it will be perfectly listenable/enjoyable off of those two tracks

id really like to see him go harder on the next album though, get a little more edge and conviction behind they lyrics/delivery

I can't get into the new song. It sounds like a bad trip and gives me flashbacks.

Plateau Phase/No Careerism No Corruption started out as a song I wrote for Janelle Monáe last summer called Fucked In Your Driveway. We worked on it together one magical day in her laboratory at Wondaland but nothing really happened with it, so I reworked it into something very different for my own album. 

Lyrically I pulled inspiration from Multiverse Theory, the writings of Wilhelm Reich and the economist Guy Standing, Eastern European party culture, and Bluets by Maggie Nelson, as well as my burgeoning new love affair with a woman of mystery and magic. 

We shot the video in Atlanta at an art/performance space called RowdyDowdy one chilly winter day this January. It was directed/edited by Christina Eleni Schneider and costumed by Taber Lathrop, Elizabeth Wheeler and David Barnes and I wore an outfit created by AC Carter.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast