Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Baltimore View Post
    *SPOILER*

I just don't get Po coming back at all. That's a decisive element of the movie, totally unexplained. "Oh yeah I was ejected and woke up with nothing?" Makes no sense everything I see it.
    I think people thinking this is a plot hole just has to do with not remembering that Poe took off his jacket before he started flying and Finn also woke up ejected very far away from the ship.

*SpoilersSpoilersSpoilers*

I was lucky enough to not have any of this film spoiled for me before watching it, which was surprising. It blew me away quite frankly! I don't think the smile left my face the entire time I was watching. It was really just like a new hope (almost scene for scene) but with compelling new characters, great effects, filming, and dialog. Jar Jar Abrams did a fantastic job! I'm looking forward to the next movies.

-Theories -

1: Who is Rey? Most likely Luke's daughter (I hope not) but I'm pulling for that she is a granddaughter of Obi Wan!

2: Kylo Ren / Ben Solo. He's obviously very conflicted and filled with angst. I'm thinking before the new trilogy is done he will turn back to the light side.

3: Supreme Leader Snoke. He's either some random or he's Darth Plagueis.

?Questions?

How did Maz get Luke's light saber that was lost along with his hand during the cloud city battle with Vader in the empire strikes back?

Why does Kylo Ren have Vaders helmet? Did Luke give it to him because he's family? Or did Kylo steal it????

Last thing, the force awakens really was fantastic. It blew the entire prequel trilogy away before it was half over. Thinking about what's to come is so exciting I can barely stop thinking about it!!!

May the force be with us all!
    Last edited by nighsgrandmother; 01-01-2016 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Last post of 2015 for me!

Finally got around to watching the new film and it was pretty good but the entire time I was waiting for Jar Jar to show up and relieve some of the tension but he never came so the entire time I was really scared and sad and I called my mom twice to ask her to read me Dr. Seuss but she wasn't home so I cried really hard and had to yell really loud into my pillow.
    I envision a utopian society where everyone shuts their lips, does the Helen Keller and talks with their hips.

In all seriousness though the film wasn't very good. Kylo Ren, the main villian is a big bitch who can't even beat some bitch who thought Jedi were a myth 5 minutes before they fought it out with lightsabers and they killed off the only character worth a shit. I liked it better than 1 and 2 but even 3 is better than this shit, and 3 wasn't very good.

EDIT:
    Also that stormtrooper dude was using a lightsaber like a semi-pro even though he's just some cloned ass idiot and the main objective is just another fucking death star, they blew up two of them already fuck off with the death stars you stupid assholes, at least the prequels tried to be unique.
    I envision a utopian society where everyone shuts their lips, does the Helen Keller and talks with their hips.

The scene where the Rebel x-wings make their entrance and fly over the water was done very well. That was probably my favorite part of the movie.

Also, Abrams managed to show Kylo Ren's angsty teenage self in 10 minutes with him destroying crap versus it taking all of Episode II and III to show (rather, tell) angsty Anakin "Gah, Padme, Obi-wan doesn't let me do anything. I'm so mad bro."

Overall the movie was decent. I recommend seeing it in IMAX if you can for the visuals and sounds.
    ヅ S̄̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆S̄̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆ ̆̆̆̆

Quote Originally Posted by IAmAnEngine View Post
    the main objective is just another fucking death star, they blew up two of them already fuck off with the death stars you stupid assholes, at least the prequels tried to be unique.
    I'm with you! Starkiller base was fucking lame sauce. Like oh another Death Star... Go figure there's a main reactor we can blow up! Of course they destroyed it right when there was only minutes before it fired off a round to obliterate the resistance... Han Solo clutch performance once again. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by whilst3 View Post
    The scene where the Rebel x-wings make their entrance and fly over the water was done very well. That was probably my favorite part of the movie.
    Yes, that was beautiful. Chills were running up my spine.

Movie was dorp iiii likked it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12