Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Best and worst music of 2015!

Let's talk about it. Things released, things you're anticipaing, what you love and hate and everything in between
    Are you sad about your mountain? ̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳t̥̮͖͌ͭͦ̂ͩͨ́̐͝͞?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳☻͉̪̾͌̇̉̋̍ͬ̏͆͆͒̄̀|͖̲͇̰̀ͬ̈́̃̂̅͆̌̎̈́͒ ̎͗̈͌ ͊͒ͧ͢͢|̢͌̿ͮͨ̂̓̇Was this a continent you liked?,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
    At the concert I saw he just said, "All I wanna say is, Sonic the Hedgehog. Just Once. Sonic the Hedgehog. Okay, Twice."
    ?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳ |͆̆ͯ̓͐ͮ͛̀͊͗ͮ̈́̔̌͗|̡̉̈ͪ́͘

You had me at Helvetica.

Aureate Gloom blew me out of the water, as has Sufjan's Carrie & Lowell. Two of the best records of the year? Probably.

New Modest Mouse was THE BIGGEST disappointment. I only like a couple songs, the rest feels like garbage.

Had high hopes for the new DCFC but it sounds too much like Codes & Keys and I just really didn't like it.

New Mountakn Goats is standard John Darnielle. It's not fantastic, but it's not below average. I know Sunset Tree is probably his most popular, but I think We shall All Be Healed is one of the best.

MOST ANTICIPATED FOR ME: NEW DOWNTOWN BOYS. Check out their single, Monstro on ytub!! (I'd link it but I'm on my phone and don't feel like it. )

K guys lets chat

Godspeed You! Black Emperor's 'Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress' is great. I think a lot of people were disappointed with it, and I think it would've been better marketed as an EP but it's still aoty for me so far.

I love Viet Cong's LP, probably my 2nd favorite so far.

Modest Mouse was a disappointment. That record is straight garbage.

Tyler, the Creator's Cherry Bomb was pretty bad but I wasn't expecting much after I didn't enjoy Wolf.

of Montreal's Aureate Gloom was meh. I like it but I wouldn't care about it if I wasn't a big fan of the band.

I dig Earl Sweatshirt's latest- I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside. Much better than Doris.

Xe by Zs is real rad and one of the year's best.

seriously though in regards to MM-- what the hell happened? Granted I never listened to "Your first . . ." but I thought "We Were Dead" was pretty great (even though a lot of fans didn't really care for that one either). Pistol makes me want to vomit.
    Are you sad about your mountain? ̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳t̥̮͖͌ͭͦ̂ͩͨ́̐͝͞?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳☻͉̪̾͌̇̉̋̍ͬ̏͆͆͒̄̀|͖̲͇̰̀ͬ̈́̃̂̅͆̌̎̈́͒ ̎͗̈͌ ͊͒ͧ͢͢|̢͌̿ͮͨ̂̓̇Was this a continent you liked?,
    At the concert I saw he just said, "All I wanna say is, Sonic the Hedgehog. Just Once. Sonic the Hedgehog. Okay, Twice."
    ?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳ |͆̆ͯ̓͐ͮ͛̀͊͗ͮ̈́̔̌͗|̡̉̈ͪ́͘

You had me at Helvetica.

I have to say Sour Soul disappointed me. I was expecting to be blown away, and instead I've been pretty lukewarm on it. My disappointment is definitely a product of outsize expectations, but that was the thing I was most looking forward to coming into this year. Honestly, other than A Very Special Episode of Open Mike Eagle, and EP for which I've expressed my enjoyment here, everything has been 'meh' for me so far this year. To Pimp a Butterfly is good and I get why it's garnered the praise it has, but it's not something I feel terribly enthralled by. I don't know, I'm really pretty bummed because most years, I've found some things to love by this point. Starting to think it could be a me problem.

I like Aureate Gloom, but I find it hard to judge of Montreal objectively for a variety of reasons. I suppose I'm anticipating that Wavves/Cloud Nothings collab and whatever this Chance the Rapper/SoX thing is

EDIT: Oh, and I listened to the Tyler album for the first time today. I liked it on first impression, but then Wolf is my favorite thing he's done. We'll see how I feel about it after a few listens, though.

You had me at Helvetica.

I think Carrie & Lowell is my album of the year.

I like Tyler's new album a lot more than Wolf. Been jamming to that.

I also have enjoyed Auerate Gloom a lot, I think it was one of their best so far.

Also enjoyed Jordaan Mason's new album, the decline of stupid fucking western civilization. I thought i'd like it more but still good.

I like MM's new album I don't see what is garbage about it. it is polished and a manufactured product of an album but i think that's the approach for it. STO is not their best at all, but i think it shows they have some guns left.

i liked father john misty's new one a lot and think it was my aoty before carrie & lowell. if you haven't listened to it, i love you honeybear is my suggested album to check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamege View Post
    I was high when I was posting last night.

Sufjan's album is nice and all. The songs are solid but I hate how he sings them.

New Blind Guardian is fantastic and you should all go ahead and listen to it.

Mount Eerie's Sauna is his best in a really long time. Same with Ludaversal from everyone's favorite rapper, Ludacris.

To Pimp a Butterfly is great of course. Earl's album didn't do much for me but Tyler's is pretty good I think.

Steve Wilson's new one is lame as hell. I liked Raven but Perfect Life is the worst song I've heard all year.

New Mountain Goats is fantastic. Wasn't huge on the last couple but he did good here.

I love the Decemberists but their new one is a pretty big letdown. Saw them live the other week and the quality difference is really obvious when they're jumping from tracks like Carolina Low or Anti Summersong into the Island.

Tallest Man on Earth's album is worth checking out. Good to see him actually using other instruments now.

Aureate Gloom has really grown on me.

Ooo shit, new Mount Eerie?? SO HITTING THAT TOMORROW

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Baltimore View Post
    I like MM's new album I don't see what is garbage about it. it is polished and a manufactured product of an album but i think that's the approach for it. STO is not their best at all, but i think it shows they have some guns left.
    I agree with you completely ray! It's not a bad record at all! I'm curious what everyone was expecting the record to be? I'm probably the only one in the world who actually likes the song pistol. I've only heard everyone slam on it! I think it's probably the strangest song MM have ever done, but what's wrong with that?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast