Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default how often do you... actually listen to elephant six bands?

Everyday, once a week, few times a month, when the mood strikes???

Lately I've been on binge, everyday I'm listening to one or more of the bands listed on the boards either from my collection of records or on bAnDcAmP. There was only few of the bands listed that I had never really checked out until recently, I'm glad I finally got around to it. My goal is to own at least a cd, record, or a tape from every one of these fabulous bands one day. They endlessly inspire me as I'm sure they do everyone else on these boards! Long live the elephant six!

generally something every week, whatever i happen to be into then. could be otc one, om the next, nmh ? who knows ?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamege View Post
    I was high when I was posting last night.

I listen to of Montreal most regularly, a couple times a week. Rarely NMH, OTC, or music tapes anymore. I always enjoy music tapes when I put them on on a whim.

Lately I've been listening to mostly Xiu Xiu daily (the past 8ish months) and more recently tune-yards (almost daily for about a month).

I'm honestly under the impression that all music is Elephant 6 in some capacity.

Circulatory system and Olivia tremor control are really the few English speaking bands I listen to actively. so hipster.

But I'm not all inside with the entire underground music scene. Like I couldn't just start naming any non-e6-related so cool you don't even know about it bands.
    I know damage is spelled damage but I got too creative trying to utilize dame in brain dame age.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Hey BrainDamege, you're a good writer. Do you want to write news articles on my blog?

I stopped actively listening to E6 bands in about 2011, however I still really love the NMH albums and Madeline is brilliant. OTC and the first Circulatory System records are quite nice and oM have a few good albums here and there.
    I envision a utopian society where everyone shuts their lips, does the Helen Keller and talks with their hips.

Quote Originally Posted by nighsgrandmother View Post
    My goal is to own at least a cd, record, or a tape from every one of these fabulous bands one day. They endlessly inspire me as I'm sure they do everyone else on these boards! Long live the elephant six!
    That is a very thoughtful goal honestly. I have no desire to expand on my e6 knowledge really... although I should give faster circuits a go, Derek is a very talented musician.

OM I haven't really been "introduced" to... and Kevin Barns made a bad impression on me big time. I don't like Neutral Milk Hotel at all. Jeff Magnum is really not my style at all or in the least, but then again I have a very distinguished taste.
    I know damage is spelled damage but I got too creative trying to utilize dame in brain dame age.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Hey BrainDamege, you're a good writer. Do you want to write news articles on my blog?

That is a very thoughtful goal honestly. I have no desire to expand on my e6 knowledge really... although I should give faster circuits a go, Derek is a very talented musician.
    OM I haven't really been "introduced" to... and Kevin Barns made a bad impression on me big time. I don't like Neutral Milk Hotel at all. Jeff Magnum is really not my style at all or in the least, but then again I have a very distinguished taste.
    Derek is very talented. How did Kevin Barnes make a bad impression on you?

Quote Originally Posted by nighsgrandmother View Post
    How did Kevin Barnes make a bad impression on you?
    Question moves to the floor: I also would like to know.

Would suggest either Gay Parade or Skeletal Lamping as intro (or Hissing Fauna).
    I was high when I was posting last night.

It comes and goes. I still listen to of Montreal fairly regularly - they're the band, surprisingly to me, that really stuck past my e6 phase. I've been listening to Circulatory System a good bit since the new album came out. A lot of times I'll wake up with an Olivia Tremor Control song in my head (most recently "Marking Time") and I'll go listen to it. And then I'll listen to something from Neutral Milk Hotel, Beulah, Apples, etc. every now and again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast