Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mandalore View Post
    I can't stand sitting at concerts.
    Literally.

You liked the solo show more than the full band?
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Koster
    If we knew what we were doing, people would say we sold out.
    My music

There was a bit too much moshing at the show I attended. Maybe, I'm just getting old but I would have much rather have stood there in revelry than having some knob bouncing into me and my fiancee during "Holland 1945." Perhaps I'm becoming a bit too old at heart. It was amazing nonetheless. "Ferris Wheel on Fire" is such a great, great, song. And while I'm pretty sure he played "Ruby Bulbs" during his solo shows, it was pretty surreal to see Neutral Milk Hotel play it. Another highlight was Laura's zanzithophone during the Elf Power set.
    Who knew that there would actually be a hell, and that it would be in New Jersey?

I'm always disappointed that there's not more moshing at these shows. You watch videos of them from the '90s and people just go wild. Now everybody just stands there like a boring statue of a drowsy zombie.

i appreciate focus as opposed to moshing.... moshing = korn and limp bizkit. end

Quote Originally Posted by surrealistnightmare View Post
    You liked the solo show more than the full band?
    yes bc it was my first time seeing Jeff live so it had the air of mystery and it was in a tiny venue, he covered a Vic Chesnutt song that I love, and me and my gf waited 2 hours afterwards to talk to him so it was just a more meaningful experience

Quote Originally Posted by thecauseofgauze View Post
    i appreciate focus as opposed to moshing.... moshing = korn and limp bizkit. end
    Okay, but absolutely nobody takes it to that level at any of these shows, so the people "moshing" next to you were probably just dancing and jumping a bit. Did you get any bruises from this person "bouncing into you"? Then it wasn't moshing.

I just don't get why people don't like to move when they hear music anymore.

At the Baltimore show in the fall, there was something approaching real moshing - a substantial group of people pushing each other around rather than just dancing around a bit. The Ithaca show had more of the dancing and not the moshing, and that worked better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    I'm always disappointed that there's not more moshing at these shows. You watch videos of them from the '90s and people just go wild. Now everybody just stands there like a boring statue of a drowsy zombie.
    I have the same disappointment with nearly any show I go to. I understand that some people just don't move much but when you're the only one moving you feel a little lonely.

it's a shame "moshing" is really all you get anymore at most shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds...The silent killer View Post
    There was a bit too much moshing at the show I attended. Maybe, I'm just getting old but I would have much rather have stood there in revelry than having some knob bouncing into me and my fiancee during "Holland 1945." Perhaps I'm becoming a bit too old at heart. It was amazing nonetheless. "Ferris Wheel on Fire" is such a great, great, song. And while I'm pretty sure he played "Ruby Bulbs" during his solo shows, it was pretty surreal to see Neutral Milk Hotel play it. Another highlight was Laura's zanzithophone during the Elf Power set.
    did you see them in Chattanooga? I was running into some dude and his significant other the whole show.

I always dance around and shit at shows, people will give you dirty looks. At animal collective some hambeasts started yelling at me and a friend for it. Fuck them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast