Default Bahriye Ciftetellisi out now on L.M. Duplication!

Bahriye Ciftetellisi by Cuneyt Sepetci & Orchestra Dolapdere was recently released by lm duplication, Jeremy's label that also released the newest HAAHS album.

[quote]In Istanbul, close to the city center, lies a district not often visited by tourists. It?s called Dolapdere, and it is populated by the Roma of the city, many of whom are originally from Thrace. They supply the music for the city?s weddings, circumcisions, parades and parties. Dolapdere is the home of clarinet virtuoso C?neyt Sepet?i and the Orchestra Dolapdere?some of the greatest musicians of Istanbul. They specialize in a modern take on classic Turkish Roma (gypsy) music, as well as folk songs from Albania, Macedonia, Spain and elsewhere that they have adapted to their own inimitable style.[quote]

I got my copy of the album in the mail today, it's pretty awesome. Mastered by John Dieterich (of Deerhoof) with Jeremy Barnes and Heather Trost.

http://www.midheaven.com/item/bahriy...a-dolapdere-cd
    Are you sad about your mountain? ̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳t̥̮͖͌ͭͦ̂ͩͨ́̐͝͞?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳☻͉̪̾͌̇̉̋̍ͬ̏͆͆͒̄̀|͖̲͇̰̀ͬ̈́̃̂̅͆̌̎̈́͒ ̎͗̈͌ ͊͒ͧ͢͢|̢͌̿ͮͨ̂̓̇Was this a continent you liked?,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
    At the concert I saw he just said, "All I wanna say is, Sonic the Hedgehog. Just Once. Sonic the Hedgehog. Okay, Twice."
    ?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳ |͆̆ͯ̓͐ͮ͛̀͊͗ͮ̈́̔̌͗|̡̉̈ͪ́͘

You had me at Helvetica.

Wow! I just listened to a little bit of this and it sounds awesome, definitely in the same vein as HAAHS. Did you get the vinyl?

Yes, I did. It does come with a digital download of the album too.

It's actually pretty great, if you're into eastern euro music, I suppose. Super traditional. I was listening to in interview back in may where Jeremy and heather mentioned this coming out.