Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Quote Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dufbhzykuiq

here's a song that i recorded and also played bass on. I am even a little animated angel in the video! It was recorded live, all in one room, precisely at 7:17pm on 7/17/17 (yes seriously).
    wow!!!

For the first time in a long while, I finally returned to making lo-fi, E6-inspired music.

I've been thinking a lot about how the materiality of recorded sound (what some people call "listening to" rather than "listening through" a recording) can create a sense of directness and intimacy. For that reason, I've left a lot of irregularities (squeaks, creaks, mistakes, etc) in the recording, something I haven't done in a long while.

The songs are all very short as well. I was reminded of an interview with Kevin Barnes that I saw some years ago where he talked about the Gay Parade, and how he wanted to make these huge, expansive OTC-style albums, but then re-listened to Sgt Pepper and realized that it managed to feel huge in just a short period of time. I've tried to do the same: nearly every song is under 2 minutes long, and the whole record is just over 40 minutes (a far cry from my often excessively long records), but I think it still evokes a sense of space and place.

Available now via Bandcamp (link below), and available soon via Spotify, Apple, Amazon, YouTube, and the rest.

https://nativebells.bandcamp.com/alb...e-line-between

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263