Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Who knows. Also WHERE ARE MY CDs. :/

and this folks, is why some people shouldn't be running a record label. someone seriously should file a paypal dispute on one of these still pending 6-month orders to see what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by j_brodu View Post
    and this folks, is why some people shouldn't be running a record label. someone seriously should file a paypal dispute on one of these still pending 6-month orders to see what's up.
    that's a wicked unfair statement to make. everyone running cloud recordings has a life and another job. nobody is doing it full time. is it acceptable that there are still people waiting for things they ordered in the summer? no. but things happen. i've been in the same situation with cloud before (i ordered artwork and a shirt in early autumn of 2010 and didn't get them until february/march of 2011), but kelly has always been responsive and apologetic. you just have to keep emailing her, she'll get your things to you. if she hasn't replied, try again. maybe your messages are winding up in a spam folder. try emailing her from a different address.

plus, you can't file paypal disputes more than 45 days after the transaction took place, so your best bet is to just keep emailing kelly and/or the general cloud email address. maybe send a letter if you think your emails are being eaten by their system. maybe try asking john. just keep trying.

you will get your things eventually.

a little understanding goes a long way.
    Last edited by mgocze; 01-20-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgocze View Post
    that's a wicked unfair statement to make. everyone running cloud recordings has a life and another job. nobody is doing it full time.
    you will get your things eventually.

a little understanding goes a long way.
    i think his whole point was, maybe people who can't devote the necessary time for it shouldn't be running a label.
    and delays are one thing, and understanding DOES go a long way, but no one has exactly been given anything to be understanding about.
    if i order something from a record label, and i have already payed for it, it should not then be on ME to keep having to email and harass them in order to get the things i ordered from them in the first place.
    if there is something causing a delay that's fine...but it would be nice if they would at least say something to the people who have pending orders out with them.
    they should know that people have ordered things. it should be on them to let people know what is going on.
    can you imagine if you ordered something from bestbuy.com or amazon or ebay and after 6 months you hadn't heard a peep from the seller? you'd be LIVID

You can't really expect to get the same kind of service from Cloud Recordings that you get from Amazon or Best Buy, though. It's just not a realistic expectation. I think you're absolutely in the right if you've been promised a certain level of service and haven't gotten it, but I don't think anyone made that promise or led you to believe that Cloud has professional customer service representatives that are capable of handling every inquiry you have.

I'm not saying this because I'm a fan and think they're infallible. It's bullshit, but it seems more like a personal issue than some kind of failed business objective, that they need to act like a big corporation and turn what amounts to a hobby/side business into a full-time venture just because some guy is whining about it on the Townhall.
    Last edited by Abel; 01-20-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    You can't really expect to get the same kind of service from Cloud Recordings that you get from Amazon or Best Buy, though. It's just not a realistic expectation. I think you're absolutely in the right if you've been promised a certain level of service and haven't gotten it, but I don't think anyone made that promise or led you to believe that Cloud has professional customer service representatives that are capable of handling every inquiry you have.

I'm not saying this because I'm a fan and think they're infallible. It's bullshit, but it seems more like a personal issue than some kind of failed business objective, that they need to act like a big corporation and turn what amounts to a hobby/side business into a full-time venture just because some guy is whining about it on the Townhall.
    LOL this is all hilarious
    i'm not asking cloud recordings to turn into amazon.com
    but maybe, you know, sending along ONE email after that guy has been waiting SIX MONTHS for his CDs would be a nice guesture?

that's all i'm getting at

Yeah, that might be nice. But I wouldn't report them to Paypal or the BBB for not doing it. People get sidetracked with their real lives and/or forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    People get sidetracked with their real lives and/or forget.
    don't put up a website with things on it to buy and ask people to buy them if you can't find the time to at least send a response email at some point within 6 months after someone orders something from said website.

reminds me of the whining when SM was delayed for like six months.

I've waited 6-12 months before after buying things from Nesey Gallons. Shit happens. Life happens. Etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreamcomparison View Post
    don't put up a website with things on it to buy and ask people to buy them if you can't find the time to at least send a response email at some point within 6 months after someone orders something from said website.
    Yeah, no shit. Also, don't order stuff from a home-based operation if speedy delivery and excellent customer service is really that important to you. Or, do it and cry about it on the internet. Your choice, I guess.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast