Default Garden Gate Recors reasonably priced!

I dont know if any one else saw this but it's only like 20 dollars to record an hour that cheap!

They might not produce any of the material though..However I would record there because of the E6 affilations ,maybe that's the appeal?

i was just saying that 20$ for any profesional recording is cheap

p.s. viva la resistance :P hah

Quote Originally Posted by coilfruit View Post
    p.s. viva la resistance :P hah

Ssssssssshhh you!!

The boycott begins after 'Operation Caleb Followill'

Default Photobucket

I strongly recommend recording with Craig! He's fantastic!!!

Craig is an amazing producer and mixer-- his studio is junky (in a great way: non-junky = sucky in my book), largely hand-built, he has great gear and gets the best sounds this side of 1972. He is also my brother-in-law so I can give some info first-hand.

Actually a lot of work has been done there in recent years: Thee American Revolution album was entirely recorded there (it is super lo-fi so maybe not a good example, but also Craig co-wrote all the songs with me so that gives an idea of where he is coming from, influence-wise), the song "CPU" on the new Apples record was done there entirely, and Craig played drums, also he mixed "CPU", "Wings Away," and "Floating in Space" for the Apples album-- massive amounts of overdubs and lead vocals were done there also on both New Magnetic Wonder, and Travellers-- also he engineered the Apples' cover of the NMH song "King of Carrot Flowers pt. 3 (Up and Over)" for a Merge comp and played drums on it, and he has done mixing and mastering for Jeff-- also Craig co-engineered and mixed the Laminated Cat album, did the Terrapin Pond record, the new Big Fresh album (unreleased but incredible), we did work together for the Mike Myers movie "Love Guru" there recording a bluegrass band The McKendrees, he has mixed for the Deathray Davies (unreleased), and done a bunch of stuff that is quite awesome. We have done a lot more stuff together there too, we are currently mastering the unreleased 1973 album by the Nashville band Goods together, and other things that escape me at the moment...

Also, Craig and I have a mastering lab set up, although we are very very very picky about projects we can take on as we are both busy and live hours apart, and like to do the work together, but we also want to record and hang out when we get together. That being said, if you have an awesome record/song that needs mastering, look us up (different rates apply).

It is inexpensive, though, because you have to drive to the middle of nowhere in Western Kentucky, stay in a motel, tolerate rednecks, and hang out with his dad (my father-in-law-- just joking, the dad is awesome too), in order to record there : )

Also, he is very selective with projects. But the guy is a genius, and a good time.

--Robert Schneider
    Last edited by marbles; 12-06-2010 at 07:14 PM.

If I could drive I would so go out there and record with him, rednecks or no rednecks!

Quote Originally Posted by marbles View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy72two View Post
    lawlzzzz.