View Poll Results: Which is a better album closer?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • NYC-25

8 28.57%
  • Hilltop Procession Momentum Gaining

16 57.14%
  • Not sure, I love them both

4 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best album closer

What's a better end to an album, NYC-25 or Hilltop Procession, Momentum Gaining?

I'm not sure really, I love them both.
    Are you sad about your mountain? ̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳t̥̮͖͌ͭͦ̂ͩͨ́̐͝͞?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳☻͉̪̾͌̇̉̋̍ͬ̏͆͆͒̄̀|͖̲͇̰̀ͬ̈́̃̂̅͆̌̎̈́͒ ̎͗̈͌ ͊͒ͧ͢͢|̢͌̿ͮͨ̂̓̇Was this a continent you liked?,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
    At the concert I saw he just said, "All I wanna say is, Sonic the Hedgehog. Just Once. Sonic the Hedgehog. Okay, Twice."
    ?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳ |͆̆ͯ̓͐ͮ͛̀͊͗ͮ̈́̔̌͗|̡̉̈ͪ́͘

You had me at Helvetica.

I went with "HPMG," but I had to think about it. "NYC-25" is an amazing song, but it has verses and choruses just like any other song - I could picture it at any point on the record if not for the little ending bit with the guitar ((played by Bill, I assume) which is a great little ending, but it is indeed little and the only part of the song that feels like an ending). "NYC-25" also has that great nostalgic feel to it that an ending song should have, but so does "HPMG," in a different way. I also like the idea of a chorus of people singing together and slowly fading out at the end (which is what makes "Forever" such an amazing ending, too).

Had to really think there. Hilltop procession. It is at the perfect point of the album and the from the point where Bill sings 'hilltop procession, momentum gaining' is just one of the best moments of that record. NYC-25 is fantastic too and lyrically superior imo.
    f
    I dont know about you guys but I always think of marking time as a closer to. You could cut the record off at that point and you would have a full length debut and you would have a great closer.

nyc-25 is the better song, but hilltop procession is a better closer.

Hilltop Procession is my favorite closer ever. It's kinda sad to hear it fading away because you just want more. That's it, Olivia Tremor Control is fading away and they will be gone for a long, long time." Such a happy song and still it really sounds like a "good bye." NYC-25 is also a great song. I have no desire to compare them in terms of quality because they are both wonderful. Hilltop Procession simply works better as a closer.
    Who knew that there would actually be a hell, and that it would be in New Jersey?

Yeah Hilltop kinda makes me sad too, although I love it. I put both.

Quote Originally Posted by abgcunited11 View Post
    nyc-25 is the better song, but hilltop procession is a better closer.
    X2
    Mayonnaise the patron condiment of youthful rebellion

I voted last night but now I can't remember what I voted for.

Gotta make those results public, dawg.

yeah after I posted the poll I realized I forgot to do that. but you can't change it now (can you?)
    Are you sad about your mountain? ̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳t̥̮͖͌ͭͦ̂ͩͨ́̐͝͞?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳☻͉̪̾͌̇̉̋̍ͬ̏͆͆͒̄̀|͖̲͇̰̀ͬ̈́̃̂̅͆̌̎̈́͒ ̎͗̈͌ ͊͒ͧ͢͢|̢͌̿ͮͨ̂̓̇Was this a continent you liked?,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
    At the concert I saw he just said, "All I wanna say is, Sonic the Hedgehog. Just Once. Sonic the Hedgehog. Okay, Twice."
    ?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳ |͆̆ͯ̓͐ͮ͛̀͊͗ͮ̈́̔̌͗|̡̉̈ͪ́͘

You had me at Helvetica.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast