View Poll Results: Which format do you prefer for your free album download?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • MP3 (320 kbps)

53 56.99%
  • WAV

11 11.83%
  • FLAC

23 24.73%
  • other?

6 6.45%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

I just entered in my vote.

The importance of setting a close date on polls.

Man, if only we had a few moderators to close polls.
    ヅ S̄̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆S̄̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆̆ ̆̆̆̆

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    The importance of setting a close date on polls.
    you're telling me that my vote doesn't influence what format my signal morning digital download will be in?

Lots of misinformation in this thread. FLAC is lossless, but is not "the exact same thing as WAV." The difference is lossless compression. A FLAC file would save Cloud on bandwidth as compared to WAV files. When you decode the FLAC file, you get the WAV file. SHN was another lossless compression format that was in use before FLAC took over the "market."

Kelly, please give two options for the download material: 1. 320 kbps MP3 or 2. FLAC. The bandwidth considerations are minimal, because most people will just take the mp3s, and there aren't that many people that will be downloading this material anyway. What I want access to, especially, is the FLAC files for the remastered Black Foliage. I will love having the vinyl, but I would also like lossless digital files for my digital playback devices.

Quote Originally Posted by j_brodu View Post
    you're telling me that my vote doesn't influence what format my signal morning digital download will be in?
    just laughed so hard

sic, are you talking about OTC reissues? Because this isn't the place. Signal Morning downloads have come and gone.

sic transit gloria:

And basically, so have the OTC reissues. Those are already on the market, and some people have already used their download code! And even if this wasn't the case and there was anything to decide, it wouldn't be Kelly's choice, since Cloud isn't reissuing the OTC vinyl, Chunklet is.

My choice is other and Ogg Vorbis is a completely open, patent-free, professional audio encoding and streaming technology with all the benefits of Open Source. http://www.vorbis.com/

Quote Originally Posted by windsphere View Post
    My choice is other and Ogg Vorbis is a completely open, patent-free, professional audio encoding and streaming technology with all the benefits of Open Source. http://www.vorbis.com/
    I actually really like ogg but nobody uses it which detracts from its usefulness. But the whole psychoacoustic transparency idea really is genius.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast