Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mirk View Post
    i'm with jdrawmeasheep. not that you have to pay $10 for nesey's music if you don't want to, but i don't think it's fair to suggest that you are paying $10 just to get a cdr. first, if i understand correctly, nesey is including some sort of homemade packaging/liner notes, so you are getting that as well. also, it's not as if you are paying $10 for a copy of a cd that you could go the record store and get an official version of. you are paying $10 for music that is homemade, for a cd produced just for you and not for or by a record label, to support someone who is clearly doing this out of a love for music rather than a desire to make money. in other words, your $10 is an investment in e6 and everything it stands for. if you don't want to pay it, fine, but don't make it sound like $10 only gets you a cdr.
    Ex-act-ly.
    Now give into peer pressure, 'cause I want me some Nesey vinyl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_Pearcy View Post
    You weren't thinking, you were feeling it, baby, and that's what you need to do, just grab on to that lightning bolt and ride it through the sky, letting the wind blow through your hair and rip your clothes to shreds, aw, man, that'd be fuckin hot, tattered T hanging over T-Tay, ooooo, man, just feel it, baby, yeah, that's what I'm saying, daddy needs a new calendar for his motorcycle garage

Quote Originally Posted by mirk View Post
    i'm with jdrawmeasheep. not that you have to pay $10 for nesey's music if you don't want to, but i don't think it's fair to suggest that you are paying $10 just to get a cdr. first, if i understand correctly, nesey is including some sort of homemade packaging/liner notes, so you are getting that as well. also, it's not as if you are paying $10 for a copy of a cd that you could go the record store and get an official version of. you are paying $10 for music that is homemade, for a cd produced just for you and not for or by a record label, to support someone who is clearly doing this out of a love for music rather than a desire to make money. in other words, your $10 is an investment in e6 and everything it stands for. if you don't want to pay it, fine, but don't make it sound like $10 only gets you a cdr.
    d00d thankz. you said it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainShuster View Post
    Guys, I don't know if you know this, but pomegranates cost three dollars each when they aren't on sale at Safeway. Ten bucks for a cd including shipping is really not so very terrible. Cds don't even go bad when you leave them for a few weeks because you are too lazy to attempt to open the packaging.
    but you said it better.

Does anyone know anything about the other albums that are not "eyes and eyes and eyes ago"? Are they real albums by Nesey or are they like found or field recordings he's done?

hi, eyes ago is a "pop album" two bicycles is about 76 minutes long its production is quite sparse i often refer to it as my "blues" album. in a palace brothers sense. julian and jill carnes play on it. i made it when i was eighteen. somewhere we both walk is a cdr of a phase piece i recorded in brooklyn with a little booklet of a "love story" written at the same time. im the only one who plays on it (bowed things out of phase) but it was recorded in the apartment where julian and i lived when a lot of fine work was done on clouds and tornadoes. its meant to be played impossibly loud through speakers while reading the "story". i hope this clarifies things a bit.
    im sorry i cant sell the things any cheaper but the fact is mass produced official releases are much cheaper per "unit" (to make) and less time consuming. i hope no one is disappointed with what ive put together. thanks, nesey
    Last edited by nesey; 04-24-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Those all sound fantastic. I really appreciate all the time and effort you are putting into releasing these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_Pearcy View Post
    You weren't thinking, you were feeling it, baby, and that's what you need to do, just grab on to that lightning bolt and ride it through the sky, letting the wind blow through your hair and rip your clothes to shreds, aw, man, that'd be fuckin hot, tattered T hanging over T-Tay, ooooo, man, just feel it, baby, yeah, that's what I'm saying, daddy needs a new calendar for his motorcycle garage

geez. im so excited for these.

no complaints here. i love diy music and have no problem helping support it.

I originally just ordered Eyes, but I had to go back and buy the rest, too. Hahaha. I'm very excited to hear them.
    "I didn't know the full dimensions of forever, but I knew it was longer than waiting for Christmas to come." -Richard Brautigan

maybe tomorrow?

maybe tomorrow?

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast