Default Release Party May 30th, Caledonia

from le myspace:

The Release Party for Modern Silence is officially set for May 30, at the Caledonia Lounge. We will be joined by our buds, The Lolligags and Marshmallow Coast. We’ve been waiting a long time for this to happen, so it will be a party!!!

We are heading up north earlier in the month to play the NYC Popfest (May 17). A lot of really great bands will be playing over the course of the weekend, and we can’t wait to get back to the Cake Shop!

In April, we are playing our last in-town show (until the CD release) on the 10th with Allison Weiss and Spring Tigers, and will be playing a live Have You Heard? Session in Atlanta at the Star Bar on April 23rd.

We’re working on new t-shirts, using Matt Blanks’ amazing artwork, so keep an eye out for those! In the meantime, we’re glad to be back in Athens, but now we’ve recovered and are ready to do it again! Stay tuned for more tour dates.

.. ..

Cookies in the news!

FIRST MODERN SILENCE REVIEW! (Retro Low-Fi)
    http://retrolowfi.com/2009/04/01/casper-the-cookies-modern-silence-happy-happy-birthday-to-me-2009/

Viva Indie Rock!
    http://vivaindieblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/7-silly-questions-w-casper-cookies.html

Optical Atlas
    http://opticalatlas.com/?cat=19

That review is right-on. "Modern Silence" is amazing (I was able to grab a copy at SXSW), hasn't left my car CD player in a while, and is definitely their best yet and seriously a contender for album of the year (and yes that includes Animal Collective). A psychedelic pop masterpiece.

Review links aren't working. Still, can't wait to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dihnekis View Post
    Review links aren't working. Still, can't wait to hear it.
    That's because MySpace doesn't allow for direct links. You can still copy and paste what's shown above. The Retro Low-Fi one is as glowing as reviews get.

i'm excited for ALL THESE THINGS

We are heading up north earlier in the month to play the NYC Popfest (May 17). A lot of really great bands will be playing over the course of the weekend, and we can’t wait to get back to the Cake Shop!
    THIS! whoo! (will know for sure friday)

p.s I'm needing a new C&TC shirt too guys, so I hope the new designs will be available then.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockywierdo
    That mean cheaper

Default Thanks

They are really very cool, very wonderful
    Great work .. really informative .. and thanks a lot for sharing ..
    Glad it works as expected for you
    looking good

reunions

I'm sitting on a bench in our city parkThe day is fading fast, it's almost darkChildren are laughing, playing and swingingI can hear some 男装批发 mockingbirds singingMy small town is quite oldMany tales about our park can be toldThe tennis court is in disarrayWhere years ago this sport I did playThe War Memorials stand silent as a reminderOf the sacrifices paid to make our world kinderThe nearby train depot 网店代理 was busy in the pastI remember riding the passenger train, what a blastOur small city park has hosted many eventsNot much rent is charged, just a few centsWeddings, carnivals,jjdudkk reunions and prayer meetingsWhere you were met with a smile and warm greetingsBlackshear, Georgia is where our park is atCome on down, hang up your hatOnly five traffic lights in our little townGod has blessed us, come on downCopyright 2005, Irvin L. Rozier