Page 1327 of 1328 FirstFirst ... 3278271227127713171325132613271328 LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,270 of 13272

First actual band thread to get active again... good job guys I'm proud of you.

What the fuck, you guys.

I'm trying to sleep.

Hey sean

James Huggins III is a whiny little bitch.

And I fucking loved Georgie Fruit.

Amen.

listened to White Is Relic/Irrealis Mood again today. I think it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    listened to White Is Relic/Irrealis Mood again today. I think it's really good.
    Hey me too

It's just really solid and super fun to sing along to now that I know the songs inside and out.

i enjoy three of the songs a lot

Wow. The thread is still going. I stopped going to shows after my car got busted into.

The last album I actually enjoyed was back in 2013. I just got curious. I kind of wish I hadn’t googled.

I felt KB was being a bit hypocritical with his political statements by singling out and cancelling his show in Israel and thereby making it really awkward for Jewish fans, but to then still go to Brazil which has a resurgence of ultra right-wing nationalism with Bolsonaro like a lot of countries in Europe have had for several years, and to y’know, still tour in the US itself with this country’s policy of locking up kids for crossing imaginary lines on a globe, singling out one religion to exclude from immigration, plus a million other awful things that have been going on for centuries.

A lot of countries do things that really suck. It doesn’t mean common folks should be deprived of seeing a band that they love. If you’re going to boycott a country on those grounds, then just stop touring. And if you’re going to turn into an overtly political band devoid of escapism then write some protest songs with discernable lyrics that actually take a real stand in these awful times, and try to reach and educate people.

I used to really like oM. 2007-2008 was really magical. Those days are gone. Farewell, folks.

cool
    seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by stereopenguin View Post
    Wow. The thread is still going. I stopped going to shows after my car got busted into.

The last album I actually enjoyed was back in 2013. I just got curious. I kind of wish I hadn’t googled.

I felt KB was being a bit hypocritical with his political statements by singling out and cancelling his show in Israel and thereby making it really awkward for Jewish fans, but to then still go to Brazil which has a resurgence of ultra right-wing nationalism with Bolsonaro like a lot of countries in Europe have had for several years, and to y’know, still tour in the US itself with this country’s policy of locking up kids for crossing imaginary lines on a globe, singling out one religion to exclude from immigration, plus a million other awful things that have been going on for centuries.

A lot of countries do things that really suck. It doesn’t mean common folks should be deprived of seeing a band that they love. If you’re going to boycott a country on those grounds, then just stop touring. And if you’re going to turn into an overtly political band devoid of escapism then write some protest songs with discernable lyrics that actually take a real stand in these awful times, and try to reach and educate people.

I used to really like oM. 2007-2008 was really magical. Those days are gone. Farewell, folks.
    no offense but you can't really farewell us if none of us know who you are~

i don't have a problem with them avoiding israel. a lot of artists i like have done that. fuck israel. but, you're right, there are plenty of other countries that are Bad that they shouldn't visit either. brazil is a good example but it's not quite like they're oppressing people quite like israel is. yet.