PDA

View Full Version : Portland show posted to Dime

yltfan
02-09-2007, 10:08 PM
The Portland SBD is here:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=133718

For those of you without Dime accounts, sorry--keep trying, you will get one eventually. Scott or someone will likely post this to the Zomb or Archive or somewhere else. Stay tuned...

funeralpudding
02-09-2007, 10:27 PM
hahahaha... of all the the times to see this:

Sorry!

EzTorrent is stopped due to software or DB maintenance.
Please try again in about half an hour. Thank you!

Take care!

srvadm@dimeadozen.org

:mad::D:mad::D

funeralpudding
02-09-2007, 10:49 PM
alright, it's up again, and as soon as I got going on the oM, I look to see what else yltfan is seeding... only friggin brand new Stephen Malkmus soundboard from Jan 20 of this year. That's what you get when you don't stay on top of Dime everyday. It's like an addiction, I can't stop. Big props, even to the point of me using the word props, to yltfan for constantly getting AND sharing great live stuff.

graham
02-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Oh sweet lord, downloading it now! I'll leave it open whilst I go to work (it's about 7:30 am here), whoohoo!

Thanks! :-)

yltfan
02-10-2007, 03:07 AM
here's the (corrected) info file:

of Montreal
2007-02-06
Wonder Ballroom
Portland, OR

a great show from of Montreal
http://www.ofmontreal.net

recorded by yltfan
SBD>XLR>RCA>iRiverH140>USB-2-WAV
Normalized with CEP, tracked with CD Wave, FLAC Frontend 1.7.1 level 8

share it, repost it, remaster it, just don't ever sell it!
and I would prefer if you only converted to mp3 or other lossy formats for your personal use, not for sharing

and please leave comments!

01 Verdi intro > Suffer for Fashion
02 Sink the Seine
03 Pussy Freak
04 Faberge Falls For Shuggie
05 I Was Never Young
06 Cato as a Pun
07 Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse
08 talking
09 Climb the Ladder
10 Chrissy Kiss the Corpse
11 Labyrinthian Pomp
12 She's a Rejector > We Were Born Mutants Again with Leafling
13 October is Eternal
14 I Was a Landscape in Your Dream
15 Bunny Ain't No Kind of Rider
16 Gronlandic Edit (some feedback in one channel at the end)
17 A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger
18 Oslo in the Summertime
19 The Party's Crashing Us
20 Rapture Rapes the Muses
21 encore break
22 Tropical Iceland (with Talking Heads tease "And She Was")
23 Requiem for OMM2
24 Forecast Fascist Future

garyw
02-10-2007, 04:28 AM
this recording is tooo good

funeralpudding
02-10-2007, 04:52 AM
This'll be a good thread to post these, so people know where to go to get the goods. I'm going to try and write up an easy tutorial on bittorrent for those who are still too afraid to try it, this show should be available at zomb soon, which unlike dime is easy to sign up for, so no excuses not to enjoy "Pussy Freak" is all it's lossless splendor. Cheers, again, yltfan!

http://media.libsyn.com/media/funeralpudding/ofMontreal-PussyFreak.mp3

http://media.libsyn.com/media/funeralpudding/ofMontreal-TropicalIceland.mp3

[Edited on 2-10-0707 by funeralpudding]

max
02-10-2007, 05:27 AM
amazing recording, amazing recorder.. thank you so much!

funeralpudding
02-10-2007, 05:55 AM
James Mercer is on fire, and this show is now also available at Zomb (http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=12794)

funeralpudding
02-10-2007, 05:58 AM
"Anybody wanna sleep with BP tonight?... He's loose."

..and that crazy-ass keyboard jam at the end of "Oslo..."?!?!!

[Edited on 2-10-0707 by funeralpudding]

haydiemuffin
02-10-2007, 08:07 AM
awesome show!!

PhantomsRevenge
02-10-2007, 09:04 AM
How do you open these torrents?

graham
02-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by PhantomsRevenge
How do you open these torrents?

Install bittornado (bittornado.com) and open the file you download from Dime in it. Piece of cake =]

There's also Azereu and a couple of other torrent downloader programs, but I think Dime has "issues" with a couple. Bittornado is great.

yltfan
02-10-2007, 10:05 AM
I use utorrent

Funlovingpriest
02-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I know the guy asked for you to not make them into mp3's but could someone send the MP3s to me. The torrent thing is just really confusing.

borregozinho
02-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks yltfan, it sounds awesome!

Buchanan
02-10-2007, 12:39 PM
I'd really like to put these on my ipod but I can't figure out how, can someone tell me how to convert the files? I'm using mac....

yltfan
02-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Buchanan
I'd really like to put these on my ipod but I can't figure out how, can someone tell me how to convert the files? I'm using mac....

There's probably a way to convert FLAC files to MP3, but hell if I know...what you can do is convert the FLACs to WAV (using FLAC Frontend), then covert the WAVs to MP3. Or you can change the firmware (to rockbox) on your ipod so that it plays flacs.

thugginit
02-10-2007, 03:23 PM
google and ye shall receive
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19903&vid=119813

funeralpudding
02-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Think of flac as a zipped wav, you just need to unzip it back into a wav, which is the format on any regular CD. Take the wav and burn it or convert it to mp3 for your own personal use.

I made a Bittorrent primer if any of you just don't want to admit needing help. It can be hard to have to learn this stuff on your own, so if you have a high-speed internet connection and aren't using bittorrent, or have any questions at all, read this:

http://libsyn.com/static/funeralpudding/bt-how_to.html

and just email me if you have any questions at all. This is a fantastic show and you should all have the ability to hear it.

[Edited on 2-11-0707 by funeralpudding]

dreamer27
02-10-2007, 11:08 PM
My school blocks bittorent servers like little bitches. Can anyone post this on usenditit or sendspace or something? I would appreciate it so much. Thanks guys!

funeralpudding
02-10-2007, 11:19 PM
I'll just say this once... if anybody has any trouble at all with torrenting for the flacs, u2u me.

yltfan
02-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by funeralpudding
Think of flac as a zipped wav, you just need to unzip it back into a wav, which is the format on any regular CD. Take the wav and burn it or convert it to mp3 for your own personal use.

I made a Bittorrent primer if any of you just don't want to admit needing help. It can be hard to have to learn this stuff on your own, so if you have a high-speed internet connection and aren't using bittorrent, or have any questions at all, read this:

http://libsyn.com/static/funeralpudding/bt-how_to.html

and just email me if you have any questions at all. This is a fantastic show and you should all have the ability to hear it.

[Edited on 2-11-0707 by funeralpudding]

Wow, wish I had read something like this when I first started. I was downloading stuff for over a year before I had any clue what the hell was going on, and only recently got the complete understanding laid out so nicely here.

One minor thing on FLAC files: increasingly, people are just using FLAC files and not converting them to WAV or anything else. There are a bunch or programs that will play FLACs on your computer (Winamp, Foobar) and there are now car stereos and ipods that will play them. More distribution of music is happenning via FLAC, so it's a good idea to learn more about it. Here's a good place to start: http://flac.sourceforge.net/

Also, many traders use FLAC frontend for decoding/encoding.

To use Bittorent, I'm not certain that high-speed internet is necessary. When I first started doing it, I was on pretty slow dial-up. Worked fine, just slower...

Hopefully, everyone will be able to get their hands on the lossless FLAC files of the Portland show in one way or another. Thanks to funeralpudding for helping folks out!

[Edited on 2-11-0707 by yltfan]

graham
02-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Left it downloading whilst I was at work yesterday, and download it did!

Just converting to Apple Lossless (AAC? M4A? Whatever...) so I can stick it all on my iPod... can't wait!

I still don't mind giving my dimeadozen username/password to forum members if they want to download the torrent from that site, but if they want to wait for it to be uploaded to fileden et al, then fair enough.

I don't mind - but it's yltfan's call - but I'm more than happy to send this version over MSN or whatever to others on here, but I know you probably wouldn't want that to happen with lossy formats.

Lastly... huge thanks yltfan! :D

funeralpudding
02-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by graham
I'm more than happy to send this version over MSN or whatever to others on here, bu...

See my post four above, right below what dreamer27 said...

Originally posted by yltfan
Wow, wish I had read something like this when I first started.
[Edited on 2-11-0707 by yltfan]

Thanks! You know, it's funny, the only four times time anybody has ever taken the time to actually email me from my blog thanking me for music, it was from country I had torrented for xmas stocking stuffers and posted samples of... two from George Strait (in defense a kick-ass version of Jambalaya) and two from Johnny Cash, and I replied to each of them trying to explain bittorrent and how there was a wealth of music available, even country. Yltfan, I don't know if you got in on the Hank Williams 15-disc set of "Mother's Best Flour" shows before his estate pulled the plug on it, but it sure did put a smile on my daddy's face. Anyways, these people just couldn't get what I was trying to say in a few words. Other torrent primers I read eventually had given me the picture, but I just didn't see it anywhere laid out in plain English in one place that most people could understand. I put the link to this how-to on my blog, if it helps anybody at all, please share the link wherever you want, I'm just glad to not only help y'all, but help take away that many more customers from the ebay fuckheads. Folks, don't ever support ebay pirate fuckheads, and if you are one, shoot yourself in the head.

And one more time...

Originally posted by graham
I'm more than happy to send this version over MSN or whatever to others on here, bu...

See my post four above, right below what dreamer27 said...

funeralpudding
02-11-2007, 04:55 AM
and oh yeah, yltfan or anybody, you said ipod... is there a new version of itunes that handles flac? i know the trading community is pushing for it. But to burn to disc, which is what i eventually want to do anyways, you need to convert it anyways, so might as well do that, burn it to disc, and then save the even smaller mp3 (at least 160-192 kbps isn't that bad) or mp4 or whatever on your harddrive or ipod.

With the flood of video and large files clogging bandwidth, the next evolution in internet speed has to be coming up, soon we'll be tossing wavs around like text files and laughing about this.

Until then, all the info necessary to enjoy this Portland soundboard recording can be found on the first page of this thread.

yltfan
02-11-2007, 05:10 PM
I don't know about itunes, but you can update your ipod to rockbox and do FLAC and all kinds of cool stuff:
http://www.rockbox.org/

I use rockbox on my iriver, it's great!

there's this, too, but I don't know what it does:
http://www.blinkenlights.ch/cgi-bin/fm.pl?get=ipod

[Edited on 2-12-0707 by yltfan]

graham
02-13-2007, 11:56 AM
If anyone can't get on dimezdozen, feel free to use my account. I've got what I want so I'm a happy bunny.

U: grahamsearle
P: password

Have fun. Don't get me banned.

Edit: Works now! :P

[Edited on 13/2/0707 by graham]

Funlovingpriest
02-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Graham its not working:( Thanks for trying tho.

funeralpudding
02-13-2007, 04:06 PM
funlovingpriest, did you get my message?

also, if you want the flacs, THEY ARE AT ZOMB

graham
02-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Works now, Funlovingpriest! Silly me forgot to change my password to "password" before sharing it around.

funeralpudding
02-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Ack, man! I've got to comment. Did you look around Dime before throwing away your account??? It's a friggin goldmine with some minor armor on the outer gates, and you pierce the armor and, what, say "eh..."

Funlovingpriest
02-13-2007, 08:49 PM
hey thanks lot. i rarely check my messages but thanks

yltfan
02-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by officeparty
it's funny that they have that verdi piece playing for the intro, because when i saw TMBG in decemeber they played that carmina burana, fortuna thing with flashing lights before they came out and it reminds me of that

were you at the brooklyn show? I was, thought it was pretty great--I taped it, and someone is working on it, might be posting it on Dime...