PDA

View Full Version : questions for the band?

Matt_Hatter83
02-05-2007, 12:55 PM
hey, so i'm doing an of montreal interview later today and if anyone has any questions they would like asked please feel free to post them here. i'm nervous and don't know what i'm going to say.

-mat

Shiny
02-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Ask Kevin when he began writing the material for Hissing Fauna. The lyrics all supposedly refer to that period of time including the winter in Norway, and I've seen clips of Heimdalsgate being performed live as early as the beginning of 2005. If that's correct, then he is refering to the winter of 2004, which is interesting because it predates Sunlandic Twins material -- meaning that Hissing Fauna has been in the making for a long time.

With that said, I wonder if Sunlandic Twins and Hissing Fauna material ever coexisted at one point, and then as time went on and it became evident that a specific story needed to be addressed, Hissing Fauna seperated off into a project of its own, with more emphasis on completing it (especially the second half) once Sunlandic Twins had its run. In my opinion, Suffer For Fashion is a very Sunlandic-like song. And then rest of the album takes a different course.

I don't know if I worded this well or if it makes any sense, but this has been interesting me lately. If you could get some questions out of that, that would be awesome!

[Edited on 2-5-0707 by Shiny]

quixoticgoat
02-05-2007, 01:23 PM
ask what the "c.c.a.a." in c.c.a.a. booty patrol means. no really. i am not kidding. it would be a good goofy closing question.

Matt_Hatter83
02-08-2007, 06:01 AM
interview turned out to be with BP not kevin. and i didn't get to do it.
but the guy who did asked about c.c.a.a. for you. and get this--he wouldn't say! so i dunno. goodtimes i guess. haha.

kartoonz
02-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Shiny
Ask Kevin when he began writing the material for Hissing Fauna. The lyrics all supposedly refer to that period of time including the winter in Norway, and I've seen clips of Heimdalsgate being performed live as early as the beginning of 2005. If that's correct, then he is refering to the winter of 2004, which is interesting because it predates Sunlandic Twins material -- meaning that Hissing Fauna has been in the making for a long time.

With that said, I wonder if Sunlandic Twins and Hissing Fauna material ever coexisted at one point, and then as time went on and it became evident that a specific story needed to be addressed, Hissing Fauna seperated off into a project of its own, with more emphasis on completing it (especially the second half) once Sunlandic Twins had its run. In my opinion, Suffer For Fashion is a very Sunlandic-like song. And then rest of the album takes a different course.

I don't know if I worded this well or if it makes any sense, but this has been interesting me lately. If you could get some questions out of that, that would be awesome!

[Edited on 2-5-0707 by Shiny]

Well, Sunlandic Twins came out in April 2005 and was completed in January at the latest. The only new tunes on the first leg of the Sunlandic Twins tour were Christian Son and Micro-university, neither of which talk about the breakdown of his relationship (although I'm really not sure what Micro-university is about, maybe I'd better see a doctor ;).) The first songs from Hissing Fauna got their live premiere in August of 2005, so yeah, not really any overlapping. If you were interested, those songs were Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse and A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger.

i.am.superman
02-08-2007, 03:55 PM
as far as I know, he was working on hissing fauna in 2005. not to be a know-it-all, but that's what I know. who knows how these things develop and change over time? I can't wait to hear what he's been working on the last year and a half, though, non-hissing fauna, kwim?

funeralpudding
02-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by kartoonz
[quote]Originally posted by Shiny
The first songs from Hissing Fauna got their live premiere in August of 2005, so yeah, not really any overlapping. If you were interested, those songs were Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse and A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger.

Actually, they did "Suffer For Fashion", too.

kartoonz
02-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by funeralpudding
Actually, they did "Suffer For Fashion", too.

I didn't think that one premiered until early 2006, but yeah, maybe.

quixoticgoat
02-09-2007, 09:18 PM
is there a post of this interview somewhere?