PDA

View Full Version : sheet music

sjames
12-06-2006, 09:28 AM
i'd love to learn something like Old familiar way on piano. is there any sheet music for OM at all?

thanks

Fwching
12-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Also, "The Hopeless Opus" music would be cool to have.

Sorry I have nothing to offer.

sjames
12-07-2006, 10:11 AM
hopeless opus my ass. that would take ages to figure that out!

most the gay parade is very simple, blues scale, but so damn catchy. maybe i'll make one for this song... ;(

Stormx
12-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Old Familiar Way would be amazing :-) <3 that song.

magneticrollerskater
12-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I said this on the board a year ago. But I think you can get the chords on geocities...not sure. Let me know if you do find em.

ferrdidly
12-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Isnt this song called We Are Young?

Cambria
12-09-2006, 12:15 PM
The piano part for Old Familiar Way sounds pretty simple, but the hard part would be getting all the chords right. I might try over Christmas break.
OM sheetmusic would be awesome though. :)

[Edited on 12-9-06 by Cambria]

sjames
12-11-2006, 03:02 AM
I played most of this song last night and will type up what I have so far. I am just having trouble with the bass clef/right hand (sorry if my piano terms are wrong, noob here)

If anyone with more piano experience could figure out the bass chords that would kick ass. I think the roots for the start are:

G#, F#, and then C# (this one sounds like a chord though).

I can't figure out any after that, even the root notes! It was driving me mad last night! I'm talking bat crazy! I was splitting a gut! I wanted to shit in my hat. I will type what I know out tonight.

[Edited on 12-11-0606 by sjames]

Cambria
12-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I've only worked on it for a few minutes, but those notes sound right with what I figured out (basically just the intro of the right hand). I kind of have the melody down, but the piano part doesn't always follow it.

Maybe together we can figure this out!
This is basically what i have now: (the right hand is the line on top, left is the line on bottom- this starts at the D# where middle C is)
D#C#CC# A#G#F#D# F# F# F F
G# (hold) F# (hold) C#

I think you hit the C# in the bass clef a split second before the F# and again right before the F natural.

They didn't line up perfectly, but close enough- hope that wasnt too confusing!

[Edited on 12-11-06 by Cambria]

[Edited on 12-11-06 by Cambria]

sjames
12-11-2006, 07:48 PM
cool, here is the next bit, minus the chords .. also added one cord in bold that you missed:S

D#C#CC# A#G#F#D# F# F# D# (quick) F F
G# (hold) F# (hold) C#

G# G#, F F, A# A#, F# F#

F, C#, G, C#, G#, F#, F

F, C#, G, C#, D# D#, F D# C# ( these 3 quick)

C#, C C, C#, G#, A# G# F# F

thats like most of the song once you get that besides the bass chords.

damn I suck at chords.. can you figure out the next root note even? Shouldn't it sound correct if you play just the root note of the chord for the bass? everything I try sounds REALLY terrible.

lets continue this.. good luck! Ahhughidfodfgp

Cambria
12-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Okay, that seems pretty good- I think there are a couple notes off maybe... I'm gonna bold them and see what you think. This is so much harder than I thought it would be. I'm literally running back and forth between my computer and keyboard and trying to play it along with the song. You'd think I would've learned some piano theory in my six years of lessons... no such luck :(

Anyway, this is what I got :

D#C#CC# A#G#F#D# F# F# D# (quick) F F
G# (hold) F# (hold) C#

G# G#, F F, A# A#, F# F#

F, C#, G, C#, A#, G#, F#, F

F, C#, G, C#, D# D#, F D# C# ( these 3 quick)

C#, C C, C#, G#, A#A# F# A# A#

I haven't even begun chords yet- I'll have to do that when I get a good long period where I can just sit and figure it out. Maybe I'll have something more useful to report back with tomorrow, sorry!