PDA

View Full Version : guess what i found...?

typewriters
10-12-2003, 04:38 PM
i went to a record store and found a used copy of the 6th great lake LP for $4.99 and on green marbled vinyl.
sweeeeeeeeeeet.

perfectbrokenmirror
10-13-2003, 05:58 PM
Awesome. I've never seen green marbled vinyl.

colored vinyl is special.

c.s.

nervesandgel
10-13-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by GrossDaddy57
An original copy of The United States Of America S/T in a box of my mother’s old vinyls.

that's a great find. that album is so good. and thats such a perfect album to find on vinyl, when you flip the side over and then they start chanting, beautiful.

perfectbrokenmirror
10-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the obsessive world of vinyl.

I have a fairly decent turntable from Radio Shack. It was 99$. Ebay has turntables but shipping can get pretty high.

c.s.

nervesandgel
10-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by GrossDaddy57
Like I said, I was not into vinyl. My mother was preparing to sell them at a garage sale. I decided I better look through them before it was to late. Prior to this search I was browsing Allmusic.com for Broadcast. I just recently acquired Ha Ha sound. I love that album I play it almost everyday. I saw a mention for TUSOA as an influence to Broadcast. It was on the back of my mind for a while, so when I search my mother’s box of vinyl I recognized it immediately.

I only listened to it once. All I know is that I loved it. Joseph Byrd is an amazing composer. I was extremely saddened when I discovered they only produced one album in 1967. It is probably a good thing I do not have a turntable at the moment or I would wear out that album. Still, I need to find one; until then I will store the album in my closet away from sun, and high humidity. Storage in an up right position is proper. I think that is everything I know about vinyl.

Sincerely,

DRG

joseph byrd released some more stuff, i haven't heard it yet. i saw one of his albums used but it was $30 and i just couldn't afford it.

edit: if you do want a cheap good turntable go for what perfect broken mirror has, the one from radio shack is great, it has a built in amp too. so that saves some more money.

[Edited on 10-14-2003 by nervesandgel]