PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me about these gruops?

Apple (in Stereo)
10-10-2003, 10:57 AM
and maybe which records I should by? And were? ;)

Blue Cartoon
Black Swan Network
Telepathic Butterflies
Ross Beach
Impossible Shapes
Year of the Rabbit
Jeffrey Fosket

:D

typewriters
10-10-2003, 09:20 PM
only ones i can help you with are black swan network and ross beach

black swan network is a moniker of OTC. its a little more like OTC's sound scape stuff. i dont think bill doss is in it. i'd highly recommend their 7" on hhbtm, but it is a singles club release. you can get it at normanrecords.com

ross beach was a ruston native and played in gerbils, midget and hairs, neutral milk hotel, smilin' joe fission, and the clay bears. he went "solo" and release several tapes, which should be available at www.hhbtm.com and www.rossbeach.com

Apple (in Stereo)
10-11-2003, 02:41 AM
Is it wurth buying?

typewriters
10-12-2003, 04:37 PM
everything from any elephant 6 band is worth buying.

William
10-12-2003, 05:51 PM
Is it true you're suposed to play the Black Swan Network LP at the same time with the Olivia Tremor Control's "Black Foliage"?

henrikhhh
10-13-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by William
Is it true you're suposed to play the Black Swan Network LP at the same time with the Olivia Tremor Control's "Black Foliage"?

that's been said about the two CD:s of Dusk at.. too, but I haven't tried it..

typewriters
10-13-2003, 10:11 AM
what black swan network lp? they never had an lp unless you mean the split w/ otc. if thats the case i dont think that'd sound good at all. i do know you are supposed to listen to the split w/ otc on headphones though.

all i know that OTC has done thats quadrophonic is the bonus disks w/ both black foliage and dusk. and then on the opera house singles (either 2x7" or 2xCD) "black swan network (with capillary radar)" and "black swan network (with enveloping bicycle folds)" play together to make one song.

William
10-13-2003, 12:47 PM
what black swan network lp? they never had an lp unless you mean the split w/ otc. if thats the case i dont think that'd sound good at all. i do know you are supposed to listen to the split w/ otc on headphones though.

I mean Late Music, Vol. 1, that was their only full-length I think.

Apple (in Stereo)
10-16-2003, 05:10 PM
... and the other groups?