PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Translation

perfectbrokenmirror
10-09-2003, 03:35 PM
This movie is amazing! Add to that an EXCELLENT soundtrack. Wow, I came home and just lied down and listened to joni mitchell as the thoughts from the movie ran across my brain. I felt bad because I couldn't even begin to explain how I felt to my mother.

*sigh* a must see movie!

c.s.

nervesandgel
10-10-2003, 02:06 AM
i've seen it twice, really great movie!!!

dolemites_sister
10-10-2003, 02:51 AM
It is an awesome movie!! I love it! Its one of the best movies I've seen in a long time!

raydavies02
10-10-2003, 08:25 AM
the best part of the soundtrack in the secret bonus track of bill murray doing the karaoke version of "more than this" by roxy music from the movie.

and, yes, the movie is awesome.

[Edited on 10-10-2003 by raydavies02]

jared
10-10-2003, 09:42 AM
I like the visuals in the movie but the story was crap..it really had no plot...girl finds older man and they have fun...great what a shitty idea.the characters were static and flat , there was no rising action, and no denoument. Bill murray was great but I think a lot of that was just him being himself...not good writing. The movie just seemed like an excuse for sofia to got to Japan.

I was real excited to go see this movie but ileft kinda angry.. Sorry for the rant but it's been bothering me since I've seen it.

nervesandgel
10-10-2003, 02:15 PM
i agree with you that the story was nothing exciting or original, but i think the way the camera danced around two almost emotionless people was beautiful. i usally don't like seeing movies twice in the theatre but i enjoyed it as much the second time

erasmus
10-10-2003, 10:18 PM
i thoroughly enjoyed seeing this film, to be honest.

dolemites_sister
10-11-2003, 08:10 AM
I just thought it was beautiful.. I mean it was really sweet, and it could have been written trashy.. ( I don't want to reveal too much for those who haven't seen the movie)

I loved the story, I loved everything about it...

Its up there on my favorite movie list...
j

themaches
10-11-2003, 11:23 AM
The characters and story were not flat at all. What movie were you watching?

perfectbrokenmirror
10-11-2003, 01:06 PM
i think that was the entire point of the movie... just two people living their lives. there are people in the world who are "flat", as you put it. is there a plot to life besides the obvious one - your're born and you will die?

c.s.

Originally posted by jared
I like the visuals in the movie but the story was crap..it really had no plot...girl finds older man and they have fun...great what a shitty idea.the characters were static and flat , there was no rising action, and no denoument. Bill murray was great but I think a lot of that was just him being himself...not good writing. The movie just seemed like an excuse for sofia to got to Japan.

I was real excited to go see this movie but ileft kinda angry.. Sorry for the rant but it's been bothering me since I've seen it.

elizabeth
10-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Tokyo looks really fun in the film. Has anyone ever been there?

Andy McAllister
10-14-2003, 10:12 AM
I'm going to have to jump in here and say that I too was rather disappointed by this movie, and its not because I'm not "artsy" enough to get it. I love strange artsy movies and I love Bill Murray, but I just didn't like the movie. Maybe I need to see it again or something, but as it stands right now, Andy was very disappointed.

dolemites_sister
10-15-2003, 12:55 AM
That movie made me want to go to Tokyo.. It looks so strange and beautiful... I will definetly add it to my list of future destinations..

j

bedbug
10-15-2003, 06:51 AM
Overall, I thought it was a good movie. My only problem with it is that I generally have a hard time feeling sorry for rich people. Gee, wouldn't it suck to be a famous movie actor? Wouldn't it suck to go to Tokyo? Wouldn't it suck to graduate from Harvard, or wherever Scarlet Johanson's character went to school?

I liked it, but I'd recommend American Splendor over Lost in Translation if you want to see a really amazing movie.

jared
10-15-2003, 10:17 AM
I can't wait to see american splendar -I really like petkar's comics and can't wait to see some of the stories acted out on screen.