PDA

View Full Version : B&S

pepe
10-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Anyone have any idea who Belle and Sebastian's us label is? I can not find out for the life of me. Anyone heard the new album out today?

erasmus
10-07-2003, 08:59 PM
i thought they were on rough trade, at least i know rough trade is releasing the new album in the u.s.

went to the local inependent record store today and they were sold out :(

i heard one song of the new one called 'fuck this shit' and it was pretty good, instrumental.

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by erasmus]

henrikhhh
10-08-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by erasmus
i heard one song of the new one called 'fuck this shit' and it was pretty good, instrumental.

that's not from the new album. it's from the last one, the soundtrack for Storytelling. mostly instrumentals on that one, and not so good. the new one is better

dolemites_sister
10-08-2003, 03:07 AM
Yep its rough trade in the US... I hope to be picking up my copy today!!!

Yeah, Storytelling was a disappointment to me... Its good to hear that this one is way better!

henrikhhh
10-08-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by dolemites_sister
Yeah, Storytelling was a disappointment to me... Its good to hear that this one is way better!

it sure is.. i didn't like it at all the first time i listened to it, though. but after a few not-so-appreciated listenthroughs (is that a word? (: ) i started to like it a lot.

ladylamentingonalawnchair
10-08-2003, 07:45 AM
I heard "I'm a Cuckoo" on the radio and I was appalled. I thought, Is that really Stuart? No, it can't be. I hope the rest of the album is better.

Miss Teen Wordpower
10-08-2003, 10:30 AM
I'm listening to the new album right now and I'm disappointed. The first song is fun though (step into my office baby).

pepe
10-08-2003, 05:24 PM
I read one review that said they were really disappointed when they first heard it but now after many listens they can't stop talking about it. I for sure will pick it up. I liked story telling. The movie sucked and the album could have done without the movie audio in between songs, but the songs that are played I think are fantastic by them selves as opposed to a whole album in entirety. I hope that makes sense.

erasmus
10-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by henrikhhh

Originally posted by erasmus

that's not from the new album. it's from the last one, the soundtrack for Storytelling. mostly instrumentals on that one, and not so good. the new one is better

;o

dolemites_sister
10-09-2003, 02:33 AM
Step Into My Office is the single... I believe.. that's what I got from my B&S newsletter anyway...

Still don't have it yet... I hope to get it by the weekend..
j

henrikhhh
10-09-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by dolemites_sister
Step Into My Office is the single... I believe.. that's what I got from my B&S newsletter anyway...

oh really? i thougt 'stay loose' was... hmm

perfectbrokenmirror
10-09-2003, 03:27 PM
i've heard mixed reviews about the new album. have yet to listen to it...I probably should to formulate my own opinion.

i usually just get their albums at the local record stores, if they have them, and if not I order them off the internet from various sites, usually the cheapest I can find.

c.s.

raydavies02
10-10-2003, 08:27 AM
its their best album since "arab strap". there, i said it....

erasmus
10-10-2003, 10:22 PM
i just bought it, and i love it. it ranks among my favorite b&s albums now, but then again i love them all.

and i get to see them live in on the 30th :)

pepe
10-12-2003, 12:32 PM
I now own the album as well. The band has really been experimenting with different sounds and I love it. I know a lot of people get a little moody when their favorite band starts branching off and playing different styles of music, but I think that they need to be allowed to do what they will to continue to enjoy the music making process, i mean after all it started out their music and will always be. I say three cheers for Dear Catastrophe Waitress and the whole bunch of those Belle and Sebastians.

perfectbrokenmirror
10-14-2003, 12:16 PM
I finally listened to Dear Catastrophe...and I love it.

c.s.

[Edited on 14-10-03 by perfectbrokenmirror]

ladylamentingonalawnchair
10-14-2003, 09:49 PM
Well, I get paid tomorrow. I'll go out and get it then.

dolemites_sister
11-21-2003, 03:35 AM
I'm a little slow, because well, I haven't had the money to buy Dear Catastrophe Waitress..

But my hubby got it from a friend for his birthday..

The album is definetly different for a B&S album. But I love it.. I mean this stuff is great! There are a couple of songs I could do without, but, for the most part, this is just good pop music! I give it the dolemites_sister seal of approval!
j

Sick Starlight
11-26-2003, 04:06 PM
the were on matador. i dont think they are, and if they were you would have found that. but maybe their site has a link.

elizabeth
11-27-2003, 12:08 PM
belle and sebastian are still on jeepster
The new album is a little different, but good
"Piazza, New York catcher" is a great song Very traditonal sounding.

Track & Field
11-27-2003, 04:21 PM
b&s are now signed to rough trade worldwide...

-s

Radiophobic Nate
11-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Everything I've heard starting with Fold Your Hands Child... has been very disapointing to me. Even The Boy With the Arab Strap was a little disapointing. Tigermilk and If You're Feeling Sinister will always be two of my favorite albums though.

friend
11-28-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by raydavies02
its their best album since "arab strap". there, i said it....
agreed.