PDA

View Full Version : The original artwork for In The Aeroplane Over The Sea?

recordrecord
10-01-2003, 07:08 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3556027330&category=552

I'm tempted to bid......

opopopo
10-01-2003, 07:15 PM
wow! is this real? wow.

i do hate to see someone make a bunch of money off of something jeff created, though... if i meet this person i shall kick him in the groin.

really, this should be in a museum.

channelfan
10-01-2003, 08:20 PM
i'm from austin and i've never seen this on display at any record store. i contacted the seller to ask which one he got it from, if he refuses to answer, it's probably not legit, if he does, i can check it out with the store.

nervesandgel
10-01-2003, 10:46 PM
man thats such a good idea, i wish i could think of these things

typewriters
10-02-2003, 08:06 AM
...looks fake to me.

William
10-02-2003, 10:15 AM
I thought Jeff Mangum said it was a collage that he made with some old postcard, not a drawing...

It may not be real, its still cool though just for the fact that it is. I wonder how much it will sell for...14.50 right now, I would buy it..but...its not cool for people to be making money off that kind of fake stuff..(assuming its fake)

channelfan
10-02-2003, 10:22 AM
well here's the responce i got from the seller:

"I've been told this is a fake by the guy who actually designed the
record (Jeff didn't even design it). Don't bid! I'm gonna have to take the auction down. "

so there you have it, i had a feeling this was the case.

typewriters
10-02-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by channelfan
well here's the responce i got from the seller:

"I've been told this is a fake by the guy who actually designed the
record (Jeff didn't even design it). Don't bid! I'm gonna have to take the auction down. "

so there you have it, i had a feeling this was the case.
oh snap!
well atleast the person didn't know and is going to take it down instead of trying to pass off a fake to some innocent stupid rich kid.

channelfan
10-02-2003, 02:02 PM
well he's still keeping it up, but he is saying that it is a fake at least. he added an explanation to the item description.

perfectbrokenmirror
10-03-2003, 11:03 PM
THIS IS A FAKE!!!!!!!!!! I'VE BEEN E-MAILED BY SEVERAL PEOPLE...ONE WHO ACTUALLY HELPED DO THE RECORD WITH JEFF AND THE COVER WAS DESIGNED FROM A POSTCARD NOT A DRAWING (JEFF DIDN'T EVEN DESIGN THE COVER). IF YOU ARE THE HIGH BIDDER RIGHT NOW PLEASE E-MAIL ME AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO PAY IF YOU DON'T WANT THIS DRAWING.......OTHERWISE YOU ARE BIDDING ON 'FAKE ORIGINAL COVER ART' FOR LACK OF A BETTER TERM AND ANY BIDDING FROM HERE ON OUT WILL BE FOR THIS 'FAKE ORIGINAL COVER ART'. I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE WHAT'S ABOVE SO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS....EVERYTHING ABOVE IS OUTDATED. IT'S STILL AN INTERESTING AND FAIRLY ACCURATE DRAWING FOR ANY NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL AND WILL BE COOL TO HAVE.

tis nice of him to say all that.

lifted hopes that soon fall
the dawn of new beginnings
only becomes the epitome of deceit

c.s.

Mirsathia
10-05-2003, 07:22 PM
IT'S STILL AN INTERESTING AND FAIRLY ACCURATE DRAWING FOR ANY NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL

Hahaha, what a joke. For someone who couldn't get an artist with no conscience enough to steal it better, that is.

If I had no morals, I&#039;d wish that I&#039;d thought of it first. <G> I could do a lot better than that nightmare scribble.

typewriters
10-05-2003, 08:33 PM
whats great is that people are still bidding on it. wooop! $43