PDA

View Full Version : so, what did you do today?

opopopo
09-28-2003, 05:17 PM
hello, hows it going?

so, what were YOU upto today? I'd love to hear about everyones daily adventures.

Freakboy
09-28-2003, 08:12 PM
heather is like rain with an H.

I woke up, sat in bed sleepy, finally got up, ate raisin bran and banana, called my mom to tell her to bring my bag, cd player and clothes cuz im living with my grandma, then we went out and had a breakfast at hungry lion cafe, i got a haircut, and we shopped. then came home, watched you've got mail and some comedy central and here I am!!

Ouch!MyPhantomLimb!
09-28-2003, 08:35 PM
I watched my friend Sunday (no, not the day, the Sudanese refugee who coincidentally shares his name with today) have his beautiful child baptized. A bishop was visiting from Idaho (I think), and he baptized about half a dozen Sudanese refugee's children.

When that was over I sat at home and figured out a keyboard part for a song that I'm preparing to record.

I capped the day off performing with a small chamber orchestra at a Catholic church across town. As it is, I am very churched.

dolemites_sister
09-29-2003, 01:00 AM
Well, my Sunday started off with a trip to church as well. Then, it was off to the store to get the ingredients for my yummy chicken pot pie.. Which I came home and prepared and my family ate together at the table. Then I made brownies and they were yummy!

Then, my husband and I went shopping for new pants because I've lost weight (YAY!) and all my old pants are saggy looking..

Then we watched some TV and I had a beer and fell asleep on the futon.

thanks for asking... :)
j

henrikhhh
09-29-2003, 02:32 AM
i was just woken up by a phone call from a friend, telling me that we have to attend a meeting at 2pm, with the owner of a place where we are currently working on starting a little club. and that's my day so far.. no, wait, i drink three glasses of ice-tea too;)

perfectbrokenmirror
09-29-2003, 05:17 AM
to post about the past,the present, or the future?

yesterday I closed a play I'm in and went to the cast party. Then I came home and attempted to become a studious person, worked out to a certain degree. I finally feel asleep with my head where my feet usually go - I like to sleep in awkward positions.

Today, I am avoiding my French homework and finding ways to pass an hour and a half of spare time before my class. I will soon eat a cliff bar. I am supposed to be going to some record stores with one of my friends. I also have to convince the damn DMV to let me drive after 9 pm so that I don't have to quite another play that I'm in.

c.s.

raydavies02
09-29-2003, 08:35 AM
so far today, i have:

done my college radio show (i have the monday-friday 6-8am timeslot....i love it)

taken an economics test

listened to the new belle and sebastian album

currently listening to the new strokes album while doing some homework

it's been a good day so far......

typewriters
09-29-2003, 09:55 AM
today i woke up around 7:45 am
got on the interent
went to school around 9 am
now im sitting in math class

spacehorse
09-29-2003, 11:47 AM
doesn't anyone just sit around at home all day anymore?...

that's what i'm doing, until 7 when my dad is driving me and my drum kit downtown for my band's show. feeling excited/nervous, i love that feeling.

ladylamentingonalawnchair
09-29-2003, 11:58 AM
Well, this morning I had my fridge repaired, went to class, returned books to the library, went to a lecture, biked home in the rain while singing the Decembrists' song 'Chimbley Sweep', and now I've made a cup of tea and am gearing up to spend the rest of my day grading student papers about eugenics. I'm going to make bread to relieve the tedium. Also my feminist reading group meets today, and we're doing some zine-making. I may also plant some daffodils outside (again, to relieve tedium).
Hope everyone is doing well!

Love,
Suzanne

rickard
09-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Well... I'm sure I've had the most exciting day of everyone here;)
My day started 6:40 am (just like every day). Had oatmeal for breakfast (disgusting but really cheap!). Went to the university... Studied math until 7 pm. Went home. Noticed that autumn had arrived... Listened to the the Finishing Scool mp3's (they're really good)... Writing this post. Goes to bed (very soon)... Exciting, huh??

09-29-2003, 12:21 PM
I forgot about the time difference! Your day is almost over, while here (American Midwest) it's only the afternoon. Sweden is what, GMT+3?

dolemites_sister
09-29-2003, 02:08 PM
Hmm.. they have iced tea in sweden? I thought it was a southern US thing.. :)

grimble gromble
09-29-2003, 05:44 PM
woke up
went to work
had lunch
back to work
still working...
next i'll go eat
then to sleep
so i can go back to work

William
09-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Today was lonely, and unsatisying...I woke up, did some school things, finished them, got on the internet, got off the internet, danced, worshipped flower piglets in a 14 hour technicoloured dream, and kissed a druid skeleton floating on a druid stream. The end. Lonely, lonely, lonely..

acrobat
09-29-2003, 06:11 PM
let's see...I've been up for 33 hours straight (with a 2 hour nap somewhere in there) and I took a Biochemistry exam this morning. I'm now studying for Embryology which is tomorrow. Then I'll study for Anatomy which is Wednesday. Then I'll study for Human Behavior which is Thursday. Then I'll sleep my ass off from Friday to Sunday.

Isn't Med School fun?!?!??!?

dolemites_sister
09-30-2003, 02:54 AM
Med school huh? I hated biochemistry and that was one of the main reasons that I dropped the whole pre-med thing.. I feel your pain... :)

Sometimes it does seem like all I ever do is go to sleep, eat, go to work, come home, eat, sleep and go back to work... The weekend is where I have to shove 100,000 things I absolutely have to do, and then before I know it its Sunday at 11pm, and I have to go to bed so I can go back to work.

henrikhhh
09-30-2003, 03:05 AM
(i love ice-tea)

i woke up at 11, felt 'shit day' and went to sleep again
woke up again 25 minutes later
since then i've just been ebaying and sitting here
think it's time for breakfast now, though
or lunch

09-30-2003, 08:26 AM
Reading groups in general don't *have* to be feminist, but this one is, and organized for that specific purpose. We read books about gender theory and make zines. We're also starting a barter network. Maybe once we decide on a name we won't be a 'reading group' anymore.

Now I'm going to eat eggs and wait for students to come talk to me about their papers.

perfectbrokenmirror
09-30-2003, 09:45 AM
time differences are a bizarre thing indeed.

time is strange too...

c.s.

acrobat
09-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by dolemites_sister
Med school huh? I hated biochemistry and that was one of the main reasons that I dropped the whole pre-med thing.. I feel your pain... :)

Sometimes it does seem like all I ever do is go to sleep, eat, go to work, come home, eat, sleep and go back to work... The weekend is where I have to shove 100,000 things I absolutely have to do, and then before I know it its Sunday at 11pm, and I have to go to bed so I can go back to work.

thanks for the condolences ;)--actually don't you work in research? What exactly do you do? I just think that science researchers are a VERY underappreciated bunch...

P.S.--I think it was the two of us that got the Dressy Bessy stuff from DRG. Cool huh? :) Have you seen it yet? Mine's arrived, but I have to go downstairs to get the package from Apt. front office...

[Edited on 9-30-2003 by acrobat]

rickard
09-30-2003, 11:28 AM
Sweden is GMT+1 hour, I think..

dolemites_sister
09-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Actually I work in Quality Control.. We are FAR more underappreciated than R&D folks because we actually cost the company money. It isn't too bad, because I feel like I get to use my brain occasionally..

We don't make as much money either... :(

I did get my Dressy Bessy stuff too.. The poster is BEAUTIFUL! I love it everyday! :)
j