PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead: It's about bummed out dolphins

Giantmoons
09-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Click here, and all will be explained. (http://www.eastbayexpress.com/issues/2003-09-17/music.html/1/index.html)

The article itself is questionable, but the pictures/captions are GOLD.

[Edited on 9-23-2003 by Giantmoons]

William
09-22-2003, 06:12 PM
I rather have more of the childrens comments then pictures...

MrG
09-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Heh, this is an awesome idea. The sad part is you could probably do the same thing with a high school class and get less funky art and similar attitudes.

They should've gone a bit younger though, I think, since by fifth grade they already seem to be saturated with crappy music. Which is sad, I know.

Maybe third grade.

Mike

nervesandgel
09-23-2003, 12:46 AM
there was a message board that existed a while back and someone who posted was a teacher for 3rd graders, and he played them all sorts of different music and asked how they felt about it.

i can't remember all the things he played but i know it ranged from classical to noise, but one in paticular is diamanda galas, whom if you haven't heard, has a range of an opera singer, but just screams a whole hell of a lot, the paticular track he played was a blues song which she would play on piano, but before each verse she lets out about 4 nice yelps.
i guess the kids found it rather disturbing and angry. i think if i was that young and heard it i might have been plain scared.

elizabeth
09-23-2003, 12:53 PM
that was so great

MrG
09-23-2003, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I would've too, probably. But Radiohead isn't quite as avandt-garde as that.

Here's a fun question though, for everyone. Did you listen to much music in third grade? Like on your own and not just on the radio and whatnot. If so, what music did you listen to?

I liked my parent's folkpop (Simon and Garfunkel, Peter Paul and Mary) records and country. Big Alan Jackson fan. I had several Alan Jackson tapes.

I was in the third grade, remember.

Mike

opopopo
09-23-2003, 08:32 PM
believe it or not, i was all about Queen around grade three. i also had this tape of "televisions greatest hits", which was theme songs from the 60s and 70's, and i listened to that thing endlessly. yuck! eek! i now know a lot of awful lyrics to some rather silly things. i also thought 'weird al' was just the cats pajamas in elementary school. i absolutly loved him. tee hee hee.

ive thought about teaching elementary school... this type of thing would be absolutly amazing to try for ones self, expecially with kids youve gotten to know. there are a lot of things like this i'd like to do with kids.

Figglyduff
01-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh jeez, the link won't work! :(