PDA

View Full Version : a question about a "bright eyes" song...

Freakboy
09-16-2003, 06:18 PM
I have a BE cd with like 35 songs burned off of a bunch of different albums, and there's this one song "Kaite Come True" I think, my mp3 player says its by Bright Eyes but there's a different singer and the lyrics don't sound like most of BE's other stuff. There are some similarities, tho, so maybe it's me.
Does anybody know if it's Bright Eyes, but the singer is somebody else, or is this an error?

perfectbrokenmirror
09-16-2003, 06:33 PM
the lyrics for the song show up as Bright Eyes.

I haven't heard the song so I can't really contribute much more.

c.s.

henrikhhh
09-17-2003, 03:05 AM
nope, that's Joe Knapp singing (of the band Son, Ambulance), and the song is on a cd ("Oh Holy Fools"..) which bright eyes and son ambulance did together.. 4 songs of each band. also on that cd is "going for the gold", perhaps the best bright eyes tune

:)

[Edited on 9-17-2003 by henrikhhh]

damonin
09-17-2003, 06:00 AM
duuuude, what about letting off the hapiness,mor collection of songs? those are much better cd's

haennric
09-17-2003, 09:25 AM
Yeah! Nice to hear that there are people appreciating Son, Ambulance...
Joe's a great guy too! When BE was on their fisrt tour here in Sweden, Joe played the drums and when me and some friends screamed enough he took over the stage and played the Cyrano de Bergerac song he plays on the Insound Tour Support CD (at the time Joe's band was just called Ambulance). That song is so beautiful!

And talking about nice BE songs, Joe also sings duet with Conor on "A line allows progress, a circle does not" on that old EP, in my opinion at least one of the top 5 BE songs.

henrikhhh
09-18-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by damonin
duuuude, what about letting off the hapiness,mor collection of songs? those are much better cd's

i didn't say anything about the cd. only that that one song was great.