PDA

View Full Version : some questions...

typewriters
09-16-2003, 03:26 PM
first off, im new. my name is travis. i live in portland, or.
ok...
i recently bought some out of print records on vinyl, and as far as a i know i got a good deal. can anyone tell me actual worth of these? i just want to know if i got as good of a deal as i thought i did:

olivia tremor control/apples in stereo 7" - $27
olivia tremor control - black foliage 2xLP - $15
olivia tremor control - opera house 2x7" - $20
olivia tremor control - jumping fences LP - $10
olivia tremor control - giant day 7" (first pressing, black vinyl) - $9
olivia tremor control - hideaway LP - $10

any idea where i can get the Olivia Tremor Control/Black Swan Network LP? none have surfaced on ebay as far back as i can remember. also, how much does the California Demise 7" go for on ebay or any other place?

i love the major organ cd.

nervesandgel
09-16-2003, 04:28 PM
welcom travis

i think it total you paid a fair amout, i've seen the black swan network lp on ebay a couple times, try checking under black swan network. i got lucky and found mine at a record store for 3 bucks. but the hard one to get is dusk at cubist cubist.

nervesandgel
09-16-2003, 04:31 PM
oh p.s. i found the frosted ambassodor lp the other day, that is really good. i'm pretty sure its mainly the olivia's but i'm not sure who all worked on it. pretty crazy stuff

perfectbrokenmirror
09-16-2003, 06:15 PM
where did you find all your stuff? ebay?

c.s.

typewriters
09-17-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by perfectbrokenmirror
where did you find all your stuff? ebay?
some. i found most of it at Opalmusic.com (black foliage, jumping fences, opera house), Goodrecords.com (hideaway), and ebay (giant day). oh yeah. and Gemm.com (split w/ apples).

typewriters
09-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by nervesandgel
oh p.s. i found the frosted ambassodor lp the other day, that is really good. i'm pretty sure its mainly the olivia's but i'm not sure who all worked on it. pretty crazy stuff
i bought the frosted ambassador Lp from Orangetwin for $10. it hasn't came yet, but i hope its good.

hastycolours
09-21-2003, 12:02 AM
ebay's awesome, but you gotta catch notice to what may be on again and what may NEVER be one again, if the case be the former, then obviously donot pay lots of money, wait till next time. it works. i got frosted ambasador lp from orangey twinsue also. i had the songs on a cdr from a friend and wanted to own it, so i got the record and the artwork is big and you name the songs yourself. (!)

im pretty sure it's will stuff

large marge
09-21-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by hastycolours

w. cullen hart is NOT the frosted ambassador

nervesandgel
09-21-2003, 05:09 AM
are you saying he's not in it or its just not soley his stuff? do you know who is in it? or are you sworn to secrecy ;)

typewriters
09-21-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by large marge

Originally posted by hastycolours

w. cullen hart is NOT the frosted ambassador

im not sure. it sure seems like it.

large marge
09-21-2003, 01:21 PM
i am sworn to secrecy. ;)

but i want credit to be given where credit is due. and although the cover artwork credit goes to Will the musical content is solely the creation of another person. really.

nervesandgel
09-21-2003, 03:11 PM
i'm gonna take a wild stab and say its jeremy (although the vocals sound like pete's), only because he did the intro on black foilage and the cut ups are amazing like with hawk and a hacksaw. but whoever did it i think its an amazing album and its acutally become one of my favourite e6 type releases.
i bummed because hawk and hacksaw aren't opening for broadcast here in denver, but maybe i'll still get a chance to get my cd signed.

channelfan
09-23-2003, 12:59 AM
i don't know why this is so mysterious, the frosted ambassador is eric harris, drummer of the olivias. that thing came out years ago. one of the songs, the first one i think, was previously released under the olivia name, on a compilation or something. according to the e6 website, he has a cd-r coming out in the near or not so near future.

large marge
09-23-2003, 02:25 PM
alright! someone has been paying attention. gold star, channelfan! ;)

nervesandgel
09-23-2003, 04:22 PM
guess i was wrong, oh well its still a great album