PDA

View Full Version : Mount Eerie / International Falls Vancouver show

Jay
09-03-2003, 06:43 PM
Hey folks- my band (that's International Falls) is playing October 16th at the Sugar Refinery in Vancouver with Mount Eerie and Jack Harlan. Our drummer Thomas will be on tour then so Mount Phil will also be, uh, 'philling' in on drums/singing with us. Perhaps some of yallllll can come down? Or up as the case may be.

William
09-04-2003, 10:04 AM
I heard alot about Mount Eerie sounding alot different from the Microphones, how exactly are they different? I haven't heard any Mount Eerie stuff.

Anyway, thats cool. I don't live any where near there though, so I couldn't go.

rich
09-06-2003, 11:23 PM
hey jay and everyone... my band(goldstar) will also be playing with mount eerie on sept 25 at the i street church in bellingham,wa. jay we should do some show trading sometime as i can get shows in b-ham anywhere and any time pretty much.

friend
09-11-2003, 07:22 PM
maybe i'll get to one of these shows. is anyone going to see mt. eerie at DoS on halloween?

Freakboy
09-11-2003, 09:18 PM
ive never heard of any of these bands
but since its on the same website as the words elephant 6 im sure theyre all wonderful!
i dont live in Texas, though,
or i'd go to your shows!

finch
09-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Patrick Geraghty
i've got a 2 1/2 octave glock, nothing massive in size, but with flats which is nice. i haven't figured out how to record with best results yet, but it has a nice sound.

I have a glockenspiel too. I used a little Marshall condenser mic and recorded it through a mixer and onto Cool Edit Pro on a computer and it sounded really good. Just positioned the mic over the glockenspiel maybe half a foot.

Miss Teen Wordpower
09-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by rich
hey jay and everyone... my band(goldstar) will also be playing with mount eerie on sept 25 at the i street church in bellingham,wa. jay we should do some show trading sometime as i can get shows in b-ham anywhere and any time pretty much.

Are you the drummer? that was a great show :).

Jay, I rarely go to the Couve, how do you get to this venue? Oh shoot, I just looked at my calendar and it's a thursday :(. Not sure if I can make it up :(. That's really great that Phil will be your drummer. He was a drummer for Good Time John at the last show. . . he rolled up some newspaper and used them (and his hands) as drumsticks. It was a nice addition!

Euphoriac
10-01-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Patrick Geraghty
is anyone going to the mount eerie/baptist generals show on sunday? that's a pretty great double bill i figure [triple bill, if you're a fan of the mountain goats].

Sweet Jesus! I can't believe my misfortune of being born in the most barren city in Canada for music. I would kill my parents to see Phil and The Baptist Generals in one show. Dang. Can someone talk them into coming here?

....oh, the city is Calgary

[Edited on 10-2-2003 by Euphoriac]