PDA

View Full Version : when inhibitions prevail and the imagination fails

perfectbrokenmirror
08-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Softness brushed across his fingertips. Jamming his hands deeper into his pockets he retrieved the small folded piece of paper. Pausing slightly before opening it, his eyes and mind mesmerized by its shape – white and square. Slowly he allowed his fingers to push between the crevices. His eyes feasted upon the small black angular handwriting that slanted slightly towards the left. Stopping among the crowds, his body became rocks on the shore – abused by violent waves. Glancing up towards the sky; seeing the masses he felt an urge to become Moses and part the crowds so he could amble on by. Sighing, he violently shoved the paper in his pocket as he horizontally prodded through the vertical moving crowd.

c.s.

William
08-29-2003, 07:07 PM
He continued walking through the noisy town square. There were groups of children playing in the fountain in the center of the square. As he walked by the mist from the splashing of the childred sprayed his forehead softly. It was refreshing but it only annoyed him. He reached the outskirts of the square. Ahead of him were more racing streets with cars beeping their horns, and people shouting. He hardly knew where he was. He just wanted to sit in peace, away from the people so he could maybe once not have the feeling of being a bending twig in the hands of God, and so he could possibly think without the voices agitating him into inner-fits of pure hatred of everything around him. He hesitated to cross the street but the pushing crowd forced him to move forwards.

[Edited on 8-30-2003 by William]

perfectbrokenmirror
08-29-2003, 07:12 PM
yeah!! a continuation. actually there is more to the story but i really like the first paragraph so I just posted it. i'm glad to see it inspired you william.

c.s.