PDA

View Full Version : deer

friend
08-27-2003, 10:37 AM
this is my friend's band. he has like 15 awesome albums or something. i recommend them all. they're all pretty different from each other. write him and he'll probably send u whatever u want.

http://www.eregister400.com/deer

opopopo
08-27-2003, 11:13 AM
hey, my computer is being silly so i only had a chance to listen to one song, but i liked what i heard!

i think my computer has laryngitis.

William
08-27-2003, 05:57 PM
The ones that I downloaded ("Run With Us", and "Lets Start Livin'") are both good. I like them, and I'm keeping them.

friend
08-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by GrossDaddy57
Friend,

I have down loaded some tracks of your friend Robert from IUMA.com. I think your friend has a lot of talent vocally, playing, and an ear in the studio. Especially since he does everything himself. If I had to pick a favorite track off the bat, it would be "Run With Us." The song is very dynamic in tempo and cords, yet focused. I really like that sound.

In the Bio Robert stated, "[He] took piano lessons for about 8 years before the birth of Deer." I heard piano lines on some of the tracks, but they seemed to be all with a synthesizer, or electronic keyboard with sound alterations. I was wondering if he has tracks with piano lines from the traditional interment? I feel the addition of this to his music would take it to an astonishing level for the traditional instrument could compliment the existing electric lines.

Thanks for the post,

DRG

i think on some early albums he's used some real piano. it's funny though, early on he was trying to make his keyboards sound more like guitars and after a while, he just started learning to play guitar. he doesn't have a piano at his house, so usually it's guitar/keyboard/drums/drum machine.

seriously if u shoot him an email, he'll send u stuff. most of his albums are concept albums, so they're worth having so that u can hear the intended flow of the albums.

i'm glad u guys like.