PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake Glue

dolemites_sister
08-26-2003, 02:44 AM
What are your thoughts on it?

I have only listened to it a couple of times... The first half of the album is good albeit different than a lot of gbv stuff.

The last half of the album seems kind of repetitive and anticlimatic.

I don't know... I'll have to give it a few more listens... I had to grow to love UTAC, and love it I did... Maybe the same will hold true for Earthquake Glue..

acrobat
08-26-2003, 03:31 AM
I'm waiting on pins and needles--my copy is still in the mail!!

What songs do you like the best so far?

micktick
08-26-2003, 06:28 AM
It takes a few listens but definately worth it! At first, all the songs sounded samey but they reveal themselves as unique after a few spins. "The Best of Jill Hives" is awesome.

opopopo
08-26-2003, 09:29 AM
i hope to get a copy as soon as i can find it and afford it simultaniously.

glad to hear its worth it, i really dont think i'd be able to not like anything gbv creates.

dolemites_sister
08-26-2003, 01:51 PM
I agree with you, opopopo.. I couldn't completely hate a GBV album. Its growing on me.. The first half or so of the album is great! Very Who-ish..

j

dolemites_sister
09-11-2003, 01:29 PM
By the way, I'm totally digging this album now! Everyone should run quickly and buy it now!

Not to much longer for the amazing box set either! I'm saving my pennies now!
j

opopopo
09-11-2003, 02:25 PM
yeah! i got it last week, its superb. it really does take a while for the last half to grow on you, but all in all its a mighty awesome cd.

acrobat
09-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Earthquake Glue is pretty dang solid. Not among GBV's top shelf or anything, but it is a very solid listen all the way through--definitely a grower.