PDA

View Full Version : toronto

opopopo
08-24-2003, 02:16 PM
so, i've been in toronto for the last week.

my parents have been planning this "family vacation" (those words make me shudder, though it really was a pleasant time) since january, but didnt bother to inform me of it until shortly before we departed.

so i just thought i'd say "hello, im back!"... not that i was missed. i mean really, we stopped at the store to pick up a few things for dinner before comming home, and my face wasnt on a single milk carton. im really not as famous in this world as i ought to be...

well, im going to wash toronto off of me, do some laundry, bla bla bla, and then come back and post post post until me cants post no more.

ahh, withdrawl fading.

spacehorse
08-25-2003, 03:23 PM
what did you get up to in toronto?

if i had known you were visiting i would have taken you out to a show.not that i know you or anything, but i like to show people around my town.

hope you had fun.

perfectbrokenmirror
08-26-2003, 11:45 AM
spacehorse you live in Toronto?

I go up there atleast once a month. Will you show me around one day? On my last trip my friend and I learned that College St. has no record stores and that Queens St. is much better. We found a great record store on Queens but I don't know the name off the top of my head.

I only wish that more shows were all ages in T.O. Most are 19+:(

c.s.

opopopo
08-26-2003, 02:54 PM
i would have loved that spacehorse! but alas it was the whole spending way too much time with family kind of deal.

i did get one day mostly to myself in which i explored downtown, queen street, the kensington market and some other interesting places. i swear im already better oriented in toronto than in calgary.

but other than that i basically just visited the cn tower, sky dome, and all the usual awful tourist traps. my brother bought 3 snow globes, my mom got post cards from everywhere possible, and my dad got a picture of the cn tower from every angle. my family is hilarious, but im definatly going to have to re-explore that city sans mum'n'dad. ill let you know if i do, ill keep you posted. (haha, get it! 'post'ed! hahaha, lordy, i kill myself!)

perfectbrokenmirror
08-27-2003, 05:25 AM
i love kensington market and queens st. and yorkville. ahh the best sushi restaurant is on yorkvillle.

c.s.

spacehorse
08-27-2003, 09:48 AM
if any of you guys ever want to come to toronto and hang out let me know. my email is: bill@debasertheband.com

i will show you a good time, and the better (and cheaper) sushi places than the ones in yorkville.