PDA

View Full Version : are you in a band/do you play? + lyrics/website

Freakboy
08-18-2003, 11:17 PM
I dont have a band yet but i wanna make one, until then i play guitar and sing usually at open mic nights but i have a gig coming up on thursday!
are any of you in bands, and/or write music or have a website for your band?

Andy McAllister
08-19-2003, 01:44 AM
i'm in a band called the channel. we are kind of like 60s psychadelic pop with some folk/western noises (that's the best way i can describe it). our web-site is www.thechannelsounds.com and there are lyrics and stuff on it. and some mp3s in the discography section. where is your show at?

[Edited on 8-19-2003 by Andy McAllister]

rickard
08-19-2003, 02:40 AM
I have a band (a solo-project) called the Transparent Blue Extravagance. I don't know how to describe the music... 60s pop maybe (I sure would like it to be psychedelic, but I'm not sure it is...)
the website is (it's really ugly and it might be kind of slow...): www.thetbe.tk or if this one doesn't work (it happens), try this: hem.passagen.se/thetbe
There are a couple of mp3s on the website.
Feel free to make a visit.

dolemites_sister
08-19-2003, 02:51 AM
The Laundromatics (http://www.thelaundromatics.com)

That's my husbands band, but I play the trumpet on one song...

There are now MP3's up.. Tell us what you think! :)

They will be opening for Essex Green on sept 9th.. this will be their very first show!

:)

Freakboy
08-19-2003, 03:54 AM
My gig is at Coffee Talk, in Honolulu.
It's very cool to know that people from right here on the mesage boards have bands with music getting out to people!
only a few people have heard my stuff, until i send tapes to people, a lot of who on this message board, hopefully i can spread it around a bit. i'd like to think its pretty cool stuff, but im 14 and have low self esteem so i dont know.

spacehorse
08-19-2003, 10:33 AM
I'm in a band as well. We're called Debaser. People keep saying we sound like the Smiths and Interpol, and some U2, which is cool i guess.

You can visit oue site if you want,

www.debasertheband.com

and if your ever in Toronto come see my band. If you mention this site, I will personally buy you a drink.

dolemites_sister
08-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Sorry guys.. the mp3's for the laundromatics website aren't quite up yet..

I will let you know...
thanks,
jenn

friend
08-19-2003, 07:40 PM
my most recent band is called bandito. it's pretty out there yet has pop song structures for the most part and some electronics.

http://www.eregister400.com/bandito

there's a link there to our iuma site.

phil
08-20-2003, 12:35 AM
Oxygen Pillow - oxygenpillow.com
lo-fi grunge/indie-pop

see link below

nice man washing
08-20-2003, 03:25 AM
Hello,

My friend Mark and I have gone through a couple of incarnations. First we were The Green Husbands - our four-track lo-fi birth. Then we got a computer and got a bit more ambitious so we morphed into Cafe Sigalo. And now we are The Silver Lights.

Bio on a friend's site:
http://www.abid56.fsnet.co.uk/External/cafesigalo.htm

Review of our CD:
http://www.nigelberman.co.uk/musicreview_dec_2001.htm

Nothing much happening at the moment seeing as my iMac is unwell, but I'm taking my acoustic and an MD recorder with me to Australia in a couple of months when my wife and I will be away travelling together for six months.

Maybe a CD next year?

Tim

dolemites_sister
08-20-2003, 01:35 PM
okay.. mp3's are up..

check it out please...

www.thelaundromatics.com

thanks
jenn

nervesandgel
08-20-2003, 06:24 PM
i'm still kind of working on my site, but..

i have a cd and a record coming out next year, possibly a 7 inch, and hopefully either by the end of next year another record.

i'm suppose to play in boston on new years

and in athens at a festival next august which i'm really looking foward to.

there are sound samples at my site, but they're sort of just samples

but there is a remix of a Dressy Bessy song and Tammy said something along the lines that she felt like she was on l.s.d. when she heard it.

ok

www.nervesandgel.com

also you can check out the surgery i'm getting at

www.nervesandgel.com/armgun.html

yay!

nervesandgel
08-20-2003, 06:26 PM
oh p.s. hopefully when my computer is working at home i can listen to everyones songs, i can't listen to them at work :(

but when my computer is working at home i will listen to them, not at work, at home

ok

nervesandgel
08-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Yep I'm in a band, International Falls. Generally, it's pop. I also have a modest 16-track analog studio in my house.

If anyone wants to hear, here is a demo with fuzz bass and farfisa and drum fills (http://members.axion.net/~almamcd/international_falls_under_the_weather.mp3)
and here is a finished recording with large gang vocals and tape echo and more drum fills (http://members.axion.net/~almamcd/international_falls_come_on.mp3).

Beware, my drums sound kind of funny.

i think your drums sound great, actually the whole recordings sounds really good, what are you recording on?

nervesandgel
08-21-2003, 01:48 AM
Wow! everyone sounds good, i downloaded a song or 2 from everyones site

i'm acutally really suprised (and at times jealous) by everyones recordings, keep it up!!!!

and i think this is my 4th continuous post

dolemites_sister
08-21-2003, 02:50 AM
Thanks! We would appreciate any feedback... I've been so busy I haven't had time to check out the other songs here... I'm gonna have to do that..

j

nervesandgel
08-21-2003, 03:02 AM
jenn is the song you played trumpet on, on the site? i listened to one of the live songs, its really good, which one is your husband?

dolemites_sister
08-21-2003, 01:22 PM
My husband is the singer... And no, my trumpet song is not up there yet..

The first show is creeping closer! Sept. 9th!! The guys will be glad to know that people are liking their music!

j

rickard
08-22-2003, 04:58 AM
Hi!
I was just wondering if my homepage (www.thetbe.tk) works for you. It works on my computer but it seems to be a bit strange on other computers...
thanks

nervesandgel
08-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by rickard
Hi!
I was just wondering if my homepage (www.thetbe.tk) works for you. It works on my computer but it seems to be a bit strange on other computers...
thanks

that link didn't work but the other one you posted did. good stuff.

themaches
08-24-2003, 05:33 PM
www.geocities.com/pigeonsband

This is the group I've been in with Gabby Kardos, since January 2002. I just updated this today, and it houses three brand new mp3s. Have us play your benefit or house show.

also, to a lesser extent:

www.bunburyist.org/dave

This is a solo thing I made this summer.

prisonjazz
08-26-2003, 01:42 PM
hey, everyone! i'm just writing to say that the descriptions of your bands sound exciting. unfortunately i don't have the ability to listen to mp3's on this computer, but i wanted to tell you all that i have a label, prison jazz records, and we are always looking for new stuff to put out. right now we only have a split EP out with a 7" on the way next month, with two albums due out by the end of the year...but we would be very excited to hear your bands. there are four of us running the label, and we are all huge fans of the e-6 bands, so hopefully your stuff will be right down our alley etc etc. anyway, if you want to send us a tape or cd of your stuff, the address is:

prison jazz records
431 birch st.
scranton, pa 18505

hope to hear from you!

opopopo
08-26-2003, 03:03 PM
ive never been in a formal band, its always just a bunch of people making noise and drinking tea...

well, in the nut house a few of us crazies made a band called "unit 26", and it was suprisingly good stuff, consittering there were about seven people and only one guitar and an african drum. it was mostly hand claps and gurgling, groaning, giggiling, and other goofy noises. the lyrics were super, but i really cant remember much. i know we had a song called "mister invisible man in the corner" which we ended by all screaming horrificly and then collapsing on the floor. needless to say, we won the ward talent show.

opopopo
08-28-2003, 10:47 AM
yes, well, what do you expect from pshyc patients? but actually it was a lot normaller than major organ, it just had the occasional cheek slapping solo...

typewriters
09-22-2003, 11:31 AM
im in:

ith/ist/ism. its soundscape/noise band similar to the residents (meet the residents/duck stab era). me and my friend. reel to reel, broken trumpets, broken effects pedals, lots of tape loops.

soliah shawcross. kindof a noiserock band similar to arab on radar. i dont think anyone here will care though.

nervesandgel
09-23-2003, 12:48 AM
typewriters:

do you have a website???
i'm curious to hear your stuff, i'm a big fan of early residents

typewriters
09-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by nervesandgel
typewriters:

do you have a website???
i'm curious to hear your stuff, i'm a big fan of early residents
not for that band.
i can however send you a tape, its pretty much completed. its a whole 60 minute tape. if you give me your email address and let you know when its complete and i'll send you one.

prisonjazz
09-23-2003, 12:37 PM
typewriters,

i would like a copy of your cassette too, if you wouldn't mind. let me know when it's done and i'll e-mail you my address.

typewriters
09-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by prisonjazz
typewriters,

i would like a copy of your cassette too, if you wouldn't mind. let me know when it's done and i'll e-mail you my address.
no problem man. i think we are making 50 copies of it. it also is starting to remind me of Smegma and even the soundscape-ish sound of the Eskimo album from the residents.

my other band Soliah Shawcross has a 7" coming out soon, our website is http://soliahshawcross.cjb.net. i can send people mp3's over AIM or Soulseek if they want.