PDA

View Full Version : First installment of "early morning observations" with GrossDaddy57

thinkingthinking
10-23-2005, 07:02 PM
"How stupid do companies and/or advertisers think consumers?"

very, very. and actually they are right for the most part.

hypecity
10-24-2005, 04:20 AM
http://www.blacktable.com/images/0412pics/jesus/28000.jpg

[Edited on 3-23-2006 by hypecity]

thinkingthinking
10-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by GrossDaddy57Sorry for distracting you from the point thinking

?

sorry for making an earnest comment on your post.

opopopo
10-24-2005, 11:33 AM
I've always thought that it would be really fun to get into advertising and come up with those sorts of silly slogans to seduce susceptible consumers into purchasing things that they absolutely don't need. It's a way of punishing the stupid. Or something.

opopopo
10-24-2005, 11:33 AM
On a side note, I like cookies.

call me hi
10-24-2005, 11:56 AM
think of some of the angles these advertisers take and the jingles and slogans they use. then imagine that it was you who pitched the idea. maybe it's my lack of confidence but i see myself getting laughed at and fired for pitching 99.9 percent of the ads out there. think of the brainstorm session for the cookies in question and the genius who had the balls to contribute the "ready to eat" part. again, if i'm that guy i'm cleaning out my desk.

funny story, although the energy drink and chew at 5 in the morning makes me a little nauseous. everyone knows it's coffee and cigarettes

The Sad Witch
10-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Impulse buying is the strangest thing. When I worked in a shop we had to push certain items and they weren't even cheap ones, and people would just buy them without thinking at all, as if they've waited their whole life for a Bertie Bear plushie and don't even need to consider spending £15 on it when they just came in for a coke or whatever. Mind you, I've bought some strange things on impulse too so I guess I'm hardly one to talk.

thinkingthinking
10-25-2005, 06:46 PM
oh, my. i'm not sure i understand the confusion, but i was agreeing with your implied sentiment that advertisers must think consumers are very, very stupid. and not meaning to call you stupid at all, in fact, the opposite, because you can see the absurdity in something like touting packaged cookies as being 'ready to eat'. and also i am insulting the majority of humans (no one on this board) by saying they are actually pretty fucking stupid for the most part.

anyway, apology accepted and thank you!
one love!:D