PDA

View Full Version : europa

raf
04-14-2003, 04:44 PM
so, i go to europe in a month, gonna stay there for two months by myself.

the countries i'm planning on checking out are holland, germany, france, belgium, england, sweden, denmark, finland, norway, italy..

so, if you've been to any of these countries, what are the places i MUST go to. towns, beautiful places, clubs, etc. anything!

thanks, you good people

[Edited on 4-14-2003 by raf]

perfectbrokenmirror
04-14-2003, 08:31 PM
FRANCE!!!! you must must must buy FROMAGE BLANC!!!!! its an order. you also MUST buy Maxi-Choco's!!!

if you want to see some amazing castles check out the loire river area. there are many many castles in such a short distance.

paris is only about an hour away from the loire river...it is a also a great place. walking around paris is a really fun thing to do.

grenolbe is another great place. La Bastille is there.

those are the places that i visited and enjoyed. if you want more information send me an email - unleashingthetruth@hotmail.com - I'd be glad to go into more detail.

c.s.

Plastic_hero
04-15-2003, 01:50 AM
Well considering that I've been in all those countries (I live in Sweden) I feel that I can only come up with very few suggestions, but if you're going to Italy I strong suggest that you visit the Amalfi coast and Capri, it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. Venezia and Rome are beautiful towns as well, can't go wrong there. Actually all Italy is beautiful... :)

haennric
04-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Talking about Italy, If you're into renaissance art and architecture, don't miss Florence. Of course, you will not exactly be the only american there (if that's where you're from) but there are such amaxing stuff to see all over the city...

I'm also a Swede, but I can't tell exactly what you should see if you come to Sweden, it depends on what you like. Right now spring is just getting started here in the south, so in a month it might be nice weather but not exactly the bring-your-bath-shorts-kinda-weather. But if you come here in the middle of the summer, the country is quite nice. Just boating along the west coast in the archipelagos is hard to beat. The rest of the country is mostly endless forests, lakes everywhere and that kinda stuff. If you are somewhat of a loner, how about 50 square miles of wilderness all by yourself? In the north there's mainly moutains, forests, rivers, wolves, bears and a few of them moose-things. If you're more social, Stockholm is really special in the summer too. There are a few good music festivals that might be cool. If you want more tips, drop me an email!

raf
04-17-2003, 10:32 AM
thanks for the suggestions, guys. unfortunately, i don't think i'll be able to go to the amalfi coast this time, but definitely rome and florence.

walking in the forest by myself is not a very good idea either, as i'm kind of a wussy!

and i'll make sure to buy fromage blanc and maxi chocos :)

Skyfinity
03-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Oldest thread...

Birds...The silent killer
03-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I wonder how it went. Apparently it was nothing worth writing about. Also, did you hear that The Gerbils may be changing their name http://www.e6townhall.com/showthread.php?4133-black-bear