PDA

View Full Version : New Music for the Masses!!!!

mixedbucketofgoods
08-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Hello everyone, I am new to this board and have just recently gotten into all of the Elephant 6 bands....better late than never right? Anyway, I just picked up a copy of a cd by a band called The Arthurs because it said it was produced my Martyn Leaper of The Minders, and I have to say its really good. If any of you haven't heard them, they remind me of a more low-key, folky version of The Minders. I think its really good, and I think a lot of you would like them. Apparently it came out last year, but I hadn't seen it until now. The song "To the Garden Wall" is beautiful, and every other song on the cd is great too. Anyway, just thought I'd share. I'll be talkin' to you soon!

dolemites_sister
08-08-2003, 03:18 AM
Welcome to the board!!!

I've heard a lot of good things about the Arthurs, but I haven't been able to find a CD here where I'm from... I guess I will just have to keep on looking.. Perhaps order it online..

Anyway, welcome!!! :)
j

floating norman
08-08-2003, 05:52 AM
Strange to hear about our old band again, but nice never-the-less. I was in the Arthurs, who are no more since one of our members (Grant, who wrote Garden Wall) moved to New York. Our new band, the Channel, consists of 3 of 4 Arthurs plus a few more. We still have some copies of Walking in the Sunlight, so just send us an email at thechannel4@hotmail.com, and I'm sure we can hook you up. We also have some stuff we never released that we could throw in.

rickard
08-09-2003, 01:31 AM
It's a great album! I love every song on it.