PDA

View Full Version : fort thunder track

langdon
09-20-2005, 02:36 PM
The elephant 6 site lists the music tapes having contributed an unknown track to this "tribute album" for some thing called fort thunder. I'm not exactly sure what fort thunder is, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't a band or anything like that, and their website is pretty weird. I'm just wondering if anyone bought this album and could upload it somewhere. It's still available from the contact records website, though it is a bit confusing as half of it is not in English, also I don't have any money. Thanks?

langdon
The elephant 6 site lists the music tapes having contributed an unknown track to this "tribute album" for some thing called fort thunder. I'm not exactly sure what fort thunder is, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't a band or anything like that, and their website is pretty weird. I'm just wondering if anyone bought this album and could upload it somewhere. It's still available from the contact records website, though it is a bit confusing as half of it is not in English, also I don't have any money. Thanks?

langdon

wingedfeetxc
09-20-2005, 05:59 PM
I don't know if it's the same Fort Thunder but in Providence, RI there was a collective or scene known as Fort Thunder. It included such bands as Lightning Bolt and other noise punk guys like that.

wingedfeetxc
I don't know if it's the same Fort Thunder but in Providence, RI there was a collective or scene known as Fort Thunder. It included such bands as Lightning Bolt and other noise punk guys like that.

wingedfeetxc

jaimi
09-20-2005, 06:25 PM
That would be quite strange were it that Fort Thunder.

jaimi

jaimi

langdon
09-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Yes! That must be it because on the Fort Thunder site they have mp3s of Lightning Bolt. I didn't recognize any of the other bands but I think that that's proof enough. At the Contact Records site, other bands that are listed on this particular compilation that I remember include Lightning Bolt, Deerhoof, and Black Dice. A lot of their other compilations seem to feature other Elephant 6 bands as well.

But um, any word on an mp3 of the Music Tapes' track?

langdon
Yes! That must be it because on the Fort Thunder site they have mp3s of Lightning Bolt. I didn't recognize any of the other bands but I think that that's proof enough. At the Contact Records site, other bands that are listed on this particular compilation that I remember include Lightning Bolt, Deerhoof, and Black Dice. A lot of their other compilations seem to feature other Elephant 6 bands as well.

langdon

The_new_improved_Kirk
09-24-2005, 06:18 PM
crazy shit.

lightning bolt is a way cool band. I wanT the music tapes song from this comp!

The_new_improved_Kirk
crazy shit.

The_new_improved_Kirk
crazy shit.

langdon
09-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Me too.

langdon
Me too.

langdon
Me too.

typewriters
10-02-2005, 12:53 PM
i had this comp but i sold it.
i cant remember what the music tapes song is. i think it might have been "why is the president crying"?

typewriters
i cant remember what the music tapes song is. i think it might have been "why is the president crying"?

typewriters

typewriters
10-02-2005, 12:59 PM
oh...and Contact Records put it out. it was part of the US Pop Life series....
they also did one for athens which had a bunch E6 bands on it...
they also did a plastic mastery and bablicon 7"

typewriters

typewriters

langdon
10-02-2005, 05:49 PM
So it wasn't any kind of "new" song? You definitely recognized it then? Do you know how to make the Contact Records catalog page readable in English? Why'd you sell it? Why'd you buy it? Why is the president crying?

langdon
So it wasn't any kind of "new" song? You definitely recognized it then? Do you know how to make the Contact Records catalog page readable in English? Why'd you sell it? Why'd you buy it? Why is the president crying?

langdon

typewriters
10-04-2005, 08:13 PM
good luck reading their website...and even ordering. if you order from them prepare to pay outrageous amounts. i bought the cd off a friend for $3...and then i sold it to a store...probably for another $3 because it was a piece of shit. and i remember the music tapes track not being exclusive...so i didnt care

typewriters
good luck reading their website...and even ordering. if you order from them prepare to pay outrageous amounts. i bought the cd off a friend for $3...and then i sold it to a store...probably for another $3 because it was a piece of shit. and i remember the music tapes track not being exclusive...so i didnt care

typewriters

langdon
10-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Aw, man.

langdon
Aw, man.

langdon
Aw, man.