PDA

View Full Version : E6 bands

Freakboy
04-14-2003, 12:20 PM
hey if i ever get money which cd should I buy i already have lots of NMH and i wanna hear the other wondeful bands who are wonderful because i mentioned neutral milk hotel in this paragraph and so they are automatically special.
so whattaya guys think??

Plastic_hero
04-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Circulatory System perhaps? It's Jeff on drums :)

Ouch!MyPhantomLimb!
04-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Man, the Circulatory System is amazing but you want to get the Olivia Tremor Control's "Dusk at Cubist Castle". Trust me, who knows about this other guy...
(kidding about that last part)

Andy McAllister
04-14-2003, 07:37 PM
i recommend both of those albums, plus Olivia Tremor Control "Black Foliage"....can't go wrong with anything really. I also recommend The Minders "Hooray for Tuesday", Apples in Stereo "Tone Soul Evolution", Of Montreal "Gay Parade", Essex Green "Last Goodbye", Ladybug Transistor "Albermarle Sound", etc. Basically, in my opinion, everything E6 is a good investment.

perfectbrokenmirror
04-14-2003, 08:25 PM
the equation is as follows:

whatever cd from whichever band you buy will surely please your ears

but...here are some others to add to the list
ais - the discovery of the world inside the moone
of montreal (can't go wrong with anyone of their cd's)
circ system
otc
dressy bessy - sound go round
beulah (anything by them)

i'll stop there. i don't want you to have too many decisions for things will get to complicated when faced with an overabundance.

anyways...let us know what you get

c.s.

Andy McAllister
04-15-2003, 03:22 AM
yes, please keep us updated. i am curious as to what you buy, and what you think of it.

acrobat
04-16-2003, 08:52 PM
anything is really golden in E6. but, IMHO, some great records in the grouping are:

Olivia Tremor Control--"Dusk at Cubist Castle"
Olivia Tremor Control--"Those Sessions"
Apples in Stereo--"Science Faire"
Apples in Stereo--"Fun Trick Noisemaker"
Dressy Bessy--"Pink Hearts Yellow Moons"

friend
04-18-2003, 08:09 AM
a dream in sound-elf power
dusk at cubist castle- otc (i talked to will last night and he was psyched to say that he's re-releasing the first two albums soon with bonus tracks!)
music tapes-1st imaginary symphony for nomad
of montreal-conquelecot or petite tragedy or gay parade
marshmallow coast-marshmallow coasting

and many others...

ed
04-18-2003, 08:49 AM
acrobat: wich album is "those sessions" by otc? is this an official release, or some bootleg thing?

acrobat
04-19-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by ed
acrobat: wich album is "those sessions" by otc? is this an official release, or some bootleg thing?

hola.

it's the Peel Sessions--it goes by both names, sorry. But no, not a bootleg.

friend
04-21-2003, 09:42 AM
is peel sessions, live stuff on the radio (john peel) or more experimental? or?

acrobat
04-22-2003, 10:44 PM
friend--

the Peel Sessions is 4 tracks long--first three are live in Peel's studio, the 4th is an ambient/low noise track. Track 1 is "I'm Not Feeling Human," track 2 (Suite 1) is Memories of Jacqueline 1906/The Giant Day/outer themes/Green Typewriters, track 3 (Suite 2) is Frosted Ambassador/Green Typewriters (a different G.T. from the one in the first suite)/The Princess Turns the Key to Cubist Castle/Looking for Meaning (which is unreleased, but is amazing). The Peel Sessions is staggering, by all means try to find it if you can--how they can translate these types of songs so well live is, frankly, beyond me.

friend
04-23-2003, 08:10 AM
thanks, it's the black cd, right?

acrobat
04-23-2003, 06:14 PM
sure is--it's black and the artwork is very similar to the artwork for Dusk.

buh-bye! :)

Bananas
07-20-2010, 11:46 PM
This old thread is chillwave as fvck.

Mimi_Merlot
07-20-2010, 11:52 PM
hell yes.