PDA

View Full Version : Andy Partridge

thelatebphelium
08-15-2005, 07:46 PM
they DID write a bunch of songs together, but i don't believe there are any
recordings of them except for some demos robert did for andy.

they never we're able to coordinate their schedules and things
just kinda petered out. robert can give ya the full spiel if he wishes.

i'm a huge XTC fan and of course pestered robert about it whenever
i could! ;) would've been great!

thelatebphelium
08-15-2005, 07:46 PM
they DID write a bunch of songs together, but i don't believe there are any
recordings of them except for some demos robert did for andy.

they never we're able to coordinate their schedules and things
just kinda petered out. robert can give ya the full spiel if he wishes.

i'm a huge XTC fan and of course pestered robert about it whenever
i could! ;) would've been great!

ThatKid
08-15-2005, 07:59 PM
!#!@ Now I want to call in sick to work tomorrow and go to his Marbles show in Lexington just to ask him about it. I'd pay some money to get that stuff :)

ThatKid
08-15-2005, 07:59 PM
!#!@ Now I want to call in sick to work tomorrow and go to his Marbles show in Lexington just to ask him about it. I'd pay some money to get that stuff :)

kartoonz
08-16-2005, 09:59 PM
It's been dead for a while now. It was probably 3 years ago they were talking about doing something. The original thread on the old board also had something to do with Elliott Smith and an E6 tattoo... so foggy... memory... slipping...

kartoonz
08-16-2005, 09:59 PM
It's been dead for a while now. It was probably 3 years ago they were talking about doing something. The original thread on the old board also had something to do with Elliott Smith and an E6 tattoo... so foggy... memory... slipping...

kartoonz
08-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Also, a Marbles show? Where does one find out when and where Marbles are playing? I assume he's not actually touring and just doing a show in Lexington because he lives there...

kartoonz
08-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Also, a Marbles show? Where does one find out when and where Marbles are playing? I assume he's not actually touring and just doing a show in Lexington because he lives there...

ThatKid
08-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by kartoonz

As far as I know, his tour is over. So yeah, I think he's just killing some time by playing in his hometown (have I mentioned how THRILLED I am to be going to school in the same place Robert lives?) It kills me though that Marbles opens for all these local bands. Nothing against them, but they've got nothing on RS.

ThatKid
08-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by kartoonz

As far as I know, his tour is over. So yeah, I think he's just killing some time by playing in his hometown (have I mentioned how THRILLED I am to be going to school in the same place Robert lives?) It kills me though that Marbles opens for all these local bands. Nothing against them, but they've got nothing on RS.

thelatebphelium
08-16-2005, 10:24 PM
yeah, the project is dead.

it was a send ideas back forth kinda deal.
they wrote songs on the phone as well.

things just didn't work out.

thelatebphelium
08-16-2005, 10:24 PM
yeah, the project is dead.

it was a send ideas back forth kinda deal.
they wrote songs on the phone as well.

things just didn't work out.

The Sad Witch
08-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Heh heh, I misread the title as Alan Partridge (do'h!) got all excited to think of an Apples/ Alan Partridge combo, possibly named 'Smell my Cheese, You Mother!'

The Sad Witch
08-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Heh heh, I misread the title as Alan Partridge (do'h!) got all excited to think of an Apples/ Alan Partridge combo, possibly named 'Smell my Cheese, You Mother!'