PDA

View Full Version : why oh why

nervesandgel
07-31-2003, 06:40 PM
why the hell do people talk during shows, its soo annoying especially when they have to talk over the band, too many shows i've been to lately have been ruined by people

i'm tired of payin $10.00 to hear people's lousy conversations, and seeing the bands saddened

opopopo
07-31-2003, 07:26 PM
thats so terrible! what inconsiterate people... i dont understand why they'd pay $10 to ignore a band... silly silly people

dont be afraid to politely tell people to shut the hell up... as long as youre bigger than them or atleast know you can take 'em. theyll be pissed, but eventually get out of your way, and it'll be worth it.

nervesandgel
07-31-2003, 07:49 PM
i can't fight, but one time some girl push my girlfriend out of the way to stand closer to the stage, and then my girlfriend couldn't see
i asked her politley if she could move and she laughed at me, so i spilt my drink on her, and her boyfriend started punching me, and i got kicked out. bah

but at one show (carrissa's wierd) i was kind of towards the back and there were some people talking, which didn't really bother me because there was still a lot of room up front, so i went to the front and sat down (so i wasn't in anyones way) and was enjoying the hell out of the music, well other people followed my lead and started sitting down around me and the next thing i know the people who were talking who i was trying to get away from, sat down right behind me and started talking :mad: arg! i say....

i don't mind so much if people talk as long as they're in the back and they're quiet, but there are people there who want to hear the music, i wish they would realize that

Freakboy
07-31-2003, 08:31 PM
ive never been to a concert where thats happened, but at my open mic night where i play some ppl eat dinner and talk. its not too bad though, actually the singers probably bug them cuz theyre there to eat lmao. anyway, it happened when Jeff Mangum did Jittery Joe's, i have the cd and they talk over a little. but yah.

dolemites_sister
08-01-2003, 02:10 AM
Yep.. The worst experience I had with that was at a Cat Power show, and this group of girls had gotten so drunk that one of them even fell down out of her chair! They were so loud and EVERYONE was telling them to shut up! It really made me grumpy!

channelfan
08-01-2003, 06:00 AM
i've been to a whole lot of shows with similar goings on. drunkards are definately part of the problem. some people just don't realize how annoying, loud and ignorant they get when they're blitzed.
the other part of the problem is the talkers, which in most cases are people who are basically at the show just to be there, because it's a show that those in the know are attending and they want to be a part of it but aren't really into the music at all. so while they're there all they do is talk to other talkers about how they were into the strokes way back when, and generally how cool a person they must be since they can name obscure bands they've never actually heard. the talkers together massage eachothers egos right up to the last song and then act like it was a great show and start clapping.
of course the most annoying show-goer breed is the drunken-talker, the worst of both worlds. there you have it.