PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know you getting to know all about you....

Freakboy
07-31-2003, 01:40 AM
theres been a lot of topics like this but i hope this one actually works. you all seem like truly good and fascinating people and maybe its just because you like similar music as me, and i judge people's personalitys by that (which i shouldnt) but im loney and bored and want friends. so yeha.
i live in hawaii and im 14, im going to school at kalani high school after this summer and my interests are music, art, philosophy, and my friend lauren. My greatest desire is to write music that could deeply touch people's hearts, like how Neutral Milk Hotel touched mine, but in a different way that is unique and original but still the same general "oh my gosh..." go silent hand touches heart and tears well up and make colors erupt in your head that jeff does for me. unfortunately i have very low self esteem so i cant do it to well. so thats me
what about you guys? id love to make some friends and you all seem cool
so i dub this topic getting to know you

dolemites_sister
07-31-2003, 02:54 AM
Hawaii, huh? Wow... that would be awesome......

I like the Dolemite movies, hence the nickname.. I'm 27. I am a scientist (a chemist to be exact).... Music is what drives me, and is also what I drive to. I don't know what I would do without music. I would be a really bored person, I guess. I love of montreal, marshmallow coast, and dressy bessy. Other non-e6 related bands I love are Guided By Voices (this girl definetly loves to rock!), Cat Power, Pavement, and I'm drawing a blank because I know there are so many more bands I love.

I'm married, and my favorite beer is Red Stripe. Although, I also really like Shiner Bock and its cheap! (this is a good thing!)

Well, enough about me, i suppose....

floating norman
07-31-2003, 05:52 AM
i'm brent from austin texas. i like music a lot (obviously), and i can relate to your situation back when i was your age, but now i'm 26, married, and am too busy to think very much about whether or not i have an adequate amount of self-esteem. i have a beautiful son named ashen who is 5 who loves to play zelda. i love all e-6 bands, especially otc, circulatory system, nmh, of montreal, and the essex green. i also love to hear hank sr, johnny cash, gram parsons, pavement, old sloan, the zombies, the kinks, beachboys petsounds and after, syd barrett, and a lot more. i even like to listen to wayne newton's stuff from when he was a lad. i play in a band called the channel when i'm not at work or spending time with my family, although the channel consists of 2 of my lovely siblings and a couple of other very close friends. i love to read about conspiracy theories, the bible, and the news. i would love to make a living off music (wouldn't we all), but am resigned to finish college to be a legal assistant or a nurse. i work 40 hours a week, but only because i have to. yeah, that's about it.

Freakboy
07-31-2003, 06:36 AM
my nickname used to be ashen when i was all into goth and stuff. still am less so though. its a very pretty name.

Freakboy
07-31-2003, 11:34 PM
william your the shit :D

dolemites_sister
08-01-2003, 02:05 AM
Wow... To think back when I was 14.... I was heavily into REM and the B-52's back then. And my brother had me listening to the Smiths and the Dead Kennedys. He refused to let me listen to bad music! Am I ever glad!!!!

I did go through a very short lived minor country phase... It only lasted a few months and then I listened to nothing but the Beatles for my last two years of high school. I started hanging around different people and I also became a fashion victim during the grunge era! :)

Freek
08-01-2003, 04:15 AM
I'm Freek. I know it sounds strange in the USA but it is a normal first name where I live, the Netherlands. I'm 26 years old and have been a teacher for five years now. I teach children from the age of 7 or 8 and really like doing so.

Of course love music, way too much to mention so I'll mention some big favs: lots of sixties bands (zombies, kinks, byrds, the move and countless other bands), great solo performers (david bowie, prince, neil young, elvis, otis redding, jimi hendrix, janis joplin, emmylou harris, gram parsons, roy orbison), folk (fairport convention, steeleye span, pentangle, incredible string band, indigo girls), rock dinosaurs (led zeppelin, U2, queen), "alternative rockmusic" (smashing pumpkins, sonic youth, jesus and mary chain, smiths, pixies, my bloody valentine), poppy punkbands (ramones, queers, mr t experience, muffs), british popmusic (blur, pulp, suede, catatonia, boo radleys, etc), great dutch bands (daryll ann, caesar, bettie serveert, benjamin b, seedling, scram c baby), great belgian bands (dEUS, k's choice, soulwax, metal molly), elephant 6 (and especially minders, of montreal, apples in stereo, dressy bessy, but lots of the others also) and I haven't even mentioned Belle and Sebastian and Radiohead!

Hmm, mentioned more than I wanted but when I mention one band, I just HAVE to mention another to be loyal and all. And even though I'm gay, I don't particularly like disco or the pet shop boys or bette midler or diana ross (though I like the supremes)! But I like pansy division and the hidden camera's :)

opopopo
08-01-2003, 12:33 PM
i'm having way too much of a teenage identity crisis to answer this now...

Housh
08-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Housh is the first half of my last name and a nickname that stuck ever since my high school days.

I'm 19 years old and I study Comedy Writing & Performance and attend The Second City in Toronto. I'm aspiring Comic/Writer/Improviser.