PDA

View Full Version : your favorite E6 bands

Freakboy
07-29-2003, 02:59 AM
i want to buy a cd of e6 cuz i have NMH and Of montreal and i love em both and what little of the gerbils ive heard im absolutely obsessed with, could people post their favorite lyrics to all the e6 bands so i can get a taste of what id like to buy before i do?

nervesandgel
07-29-2003, 04:14 AM
i would seriously go for either circulatory system or an olivia tremor control album, but until they reissue the olivia albums the circulatory system is probably you're best bet, and you'll love the lyrics. garunteed!

floating norman
07-29-2003, 06:43 AM
yeah freakboy, if you haven't heard olivia tremor control or circulatory system, you really really need to. to me they kind of embody what e6 is all about. the 2 olivia tremor control lps are 2 of the greatest albums of all time in my opinion.

bedbug
07-29-2003, 07:41 AM
I agree with Norm. The 2 Olivia records combined with Neutra Milk Hotel will kind of sum up the whole E6 philosophy.

And the Circulatory System record will change your life!

nice man washing
07-29-2003, 08:25 AM
I'm with you guys :)

In my humble opinion the Circulatory System album is the best ever made. I know that's over the top, but I just can't stop listening to the thing.

nervesandgel
07-29-2003, 01:30 PM
i'd have to say circulatory system and black foilage are my 2 fav albums ever, i can't stop listening to either since i bought them

perfectbrokenmirror
07-29-2003, 04:56 PM
they are going to reissue otc albums? when is this supposed to take place? is there going to be a difference between the reissue and the older versions?

on topic...i agree with everyone here - otc and/or circulatory system. I am also a fan of the apples in stereo.

c.s.

William
07-29-2003, 05:08 PM
I have the Olivia Tremor Control's 'Singles & Beyond' album. I hadn't heard of them untill their real albums were out of print. They will be re-released this year according to their website. The re-issue will have extra tracks according to a Pitchforkmedia news story which is why I'm waiting for the re-release and not just buying them used on E-Bay.

My favorite Elephant 6 bands are Neutral Milk Hotel (favorite band of all times), The Olivia Tremor Control (even though I just have Singles & Beyond and haven't heard their two full albums I still know I will like them), The Music Tapes, and Of Montreal.

acrobat
07-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by William
The Olivia Tremor Control (even though I just have Singles & Beyond and haven't heard their two full albums I still know I will like them)

William, you'll probably like OTC anyway, but just so you know, the 2 full-lengths are VERY different from Singles....

pepe
07-30-2003, 08:19 AM
The Instruments album is really great. I know you like Jeff Mangum, Freakboy and there are some great Jeff Mangum moments in their album.

Freakboy
07-30-2003, 06:47 PM
thankies, only problem now is ive been looking up otc and i cant find anything, and the same for the instruments and such that you guys reccomended.
does anybody know where i can find sites for these bands?

pepe
07-31-2003, 08:31 AM
For the Instruments go to the Orange Twin site.

ladylamentingonalawnchair
07-31-2003, 11:50 AM
For Circ Syst, go to the Cloud Recordings website. Flydaddy, which released Dusk at Cubist Castle and Black Foliage, went defunct a few years back, so you'll need to scour bins in record shops for them (did someone say they're being re-released?) The singles record was put out by Kindercore, so that one's easy to find.
And, for further recommendations, I'd say Beulah's When Your Heartstrings Break, a lovely shiny pop record.

acrobat
08-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by s
William, you'll probably like OTC anyway, but just so you know, the 2 full-lengths are VERY different from Singles....

Very different? the songs are as great as "Singles..", I think. There are a lot of weird noise or ambient sound on full-length albums, though. [/quote]

actually, yes, they're very different. doesn't have anythin to do with the quality of the songs...