PDA

View Full Version : E6 FTP

mikehattem
07-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Can anyone point me to an FTP site where I can find some of the e6 records. I am a working musician with a self-released cd so I know how important it is for supporters of the music to buy the cds but I am having a hard time finding them in stores and there are some I'd like to hear first before buying them. I'd really appreciate any help here.

Mike

My band: NATIONAL STEEL
www.national-steel.net

The_new_improved_Kirk
07-12-2005, 02:08 AM
ftp stands for fuck the police, niggs

bosco
07-12-2005, 06:19 AM
why not just use http and go to www.elephant6.com and listen to some of their live recordings

mikehattem
07-12-2005, 11:43 PM
I've done that but I really want to hear the "records" as alot of the live stuff is somewhat different. For instance, Jumping Fences is transcendent on the record but alot less in the live versions..

Mike

soniclovenoize
07-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Bla bla bla don't be a dork...

You can order alot of the E6 stuff online with links on this site itself... Go to bestbuy.com and what you can't find there go to orangetwin.com and they'll have (cheaper too). I just bought Pipes You See Pipes You Don't and the first Gerbils album with ease. "I can't find it" isn't an excuse for music piracy, especially when band members dwell here in the first place.

You should buy the albums, man.

Plastic_hero
07-15-2005, 03:25 AM
That's silly.

mikehattem
07-16-2005, 09:29 AM
I am an independent musician who makes a "living" solely from my music. I also know how important it is for people to hear it first before they decide to buy it which is why we give away a certain amount of cds at every show as well as have songs free for download on our website so don't lecture me about music piracy - If you have money in your bank account and are downloading albums for free that's wrong - i don't have the money to buy the albums anyway so a sale right now isn't even a possibility but maybe another fan who gets other people to buy the albums is worth it for them - I know it is for us... I have gotten more people into more bands that they would never have heard just like most of you so please keep your SELF-RIGHTEOUS lectures to yourself and CHILL!!!!!!!!!! When you know what its like to make a living from something you do for yourself and get a paycheck from yourself and not some corporation let me know and we'll talk...

Mike
national-steel.net

E6NeverComesToLancaster
07-16-2005, 10:12 AM
music should be free, get a job you bums

E6NeverComesToLancaster
07-16-2005, 10:14 AM
dont listen to me though im just bitter

cpanighetti
07-17-2005, 03:56 PM
there are a lot of these threads now, huh?