PDA

View Full Version : songs need for compilations

perfectbrokenmirror
07-27-2003, 07:48 PM
I want to make 2 cds. one that deals with songs about cigarettes and the other that deals with songs about suns.
so far I have Red Vines by aimee mann and cigarettes and chocolate milk by rufus wainwright for the first album and some polyphonic spree, beatles "here comes the sun" for the second. i was wondering if anyone could suggest any more songs.

thanks
c.s.

nervesandgel
07-27-2003, 09:24 PM
cigg

spiritualized - don't just do something - one of the last lines is "life ain't good without ciggerete

legendary pink dots - only if its purple or green - "christ i need a ciggerette"

sunshine -
aranos - beams of sunshine (this is a great song, and you can smell the vodka on his breathe as he sings.)

anything by the sunshine fix

i may think of more later, i'm at work

nice man washing
07-28-2003, 01:21 AM
'Cigarettes and Coffee' by Otis Redding - man, what a beautiful song.

'Sunshine' by Sparklehorse - again, totally gorgeous.

Hope this helps!

haennric
07-28-2003, 04:51 AM
The Carrots - "Sunshine" (got the record from Happy Happy Birthday To Me Records, this is a cool band from Spain, nice 60's sound)

The Arthurs - "Walking in the Sunshine" (Is that the correct name? it's a wonderful song anyway)

William
07-28-2003, 10:31 AM
http://www.allmusic.com/

when you do a search select by song and type in 'sun' or 'ciggarette'.

I would say: "Sun Is Shining" by Bob Marley, and "Cigarette Tricks" by Guided By Voices.

ladylamentingonalawnchair
07-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Magnetic Fields, "I Don't Believe in the Sun." Essex Green, "Sun." That's all I can think of on the fly, but I'll scour my record collection for you.

nervesandgel
07-28-2003, 02:33 PM
[i]

As far as cigarettes go I was lucky enough to quit my 35 a day habit six months ago so if I never hear a song about how cool smoking is again it will be way too soon.

i just quit for the 3rd time 2 1/2 weeks ago, i quit twice for 2 years, and had been smoking for about a year, no more!!!!!

perfectbrokenmirror
07-28-2003, 06:01 PM
thanks!

what is the fasination with smoking to begin with? I do it but on occasion, such as once a month. I myself don't know what attracts me, I think it has to do with the smoke coming out of my mouth or something. Who knows...

thanks again for the songs everyone!!:D

c.s.

Freakboy
07-28-2003, 08:36 PM
jealous of your cigerete by hawksley worman and walking on the sun by smashmouth or w/e band did that song

acrobat
07-28-2003, 10:11 PM
There's lots of songs you could put for the "sun" disc, but for the "cigarette" disc, you should just put GBV's "Cigarette Tricks." As the only song. I'm serious. Don't even loop it. 18 seconds of impossible beauty is more than enough to put on a CD.

phil
07-28-2003, 10:46 PM
"why does the sun shine? (the sun is a mass of incandessant gas)" by they might be giants*. not only is it fun, but it's educational too!

this song actually helped me out in astronomy class.

-phil

* tmbg's cover, that is. original's on a fifies educational record.